Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the hrc kit with a k&n filer, i bought a lrd pipe and a k&n filter but the pipe is not here yet <_< but i want to install the k&n filter, anyone know what jetting change i would need to make? thanks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I didnt change my jetting . I really dont think that the k&n is that big of a deal to play with the jets. B)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You might as well wait until you get your pipe. You will definitely have to change your jetting from stock and mine as well dial it in perfect with the filter and the pipe at the same time.

If your running an HRC lid with a pre filter or outerwears air box cover and the K&N I dont think it is enought to change the jetting though.

Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i didn't think that i would have to change the jetting! just wanted to make sure!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
with a pipe at 2800 feeet, i run a 180 main,stock pilot, and HRC needle, i also ahve K&N's anmd the HRC kit...i've used this jetting from 2500-3500 feet

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just got a lrd pipe took longer than i wanted too.

i have a hrc kit installed, and a k&N filter

i'm going too try it will the 185 first, then go from there, most people seem to be running 185,190,195

am i gonna have to change and needle and clip or the pilot???

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
572 Posts
Originally posted by dobson@Jan 13 2005, 02:45 PM
well i just got a lrd pipe took longer than i wanted too.

i have a hrc kit installed, and a k&N filter

i'm going too try it will the 185 first, then go from there, most people seem to be running 185,190,195

am i gonna have to change and needle and clip or the pilot???

thanks for the help guys
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48971
[/quote]

The HRC needle on the 3rd clip & the stock 48 pilot jet should be perfect.Try the 185 or 180 main jet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts