Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put one in and went trail riding.Not too impressed with the power increase.Rode with a stock cdale cannibal, before he could walk away from me fairly easy, this time we raced on a fire road.It was close but he still had a little more than me.We both had stock gearing and tires(13-42,13-38)Do i need to dial this in on a dyno or what?I would've thought the hrc kit would have been better than it was.Any help? :(

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You don't think that the kit made much difference?????

Wow!! When I installed mine it was like a WHOLE new bike! It didn't even compare to stock!

Did you get the jetting right? Other than the HRC kit my quad is stock and I can SMOKE a 250R with a CT 350 kit. I would double check everything...

The only downside that I noticed is that with the big lumpy bumbstick, the motor might cough and die when cold and given heavy throttle. Just warm it up good and go kick butt!!!

clutch

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put in the 185 main and the rest that came with the kit,i'm about 500ft above sea level.The trails are not that tight but i will give the 13t a try first.It seems to be running great.I would like a pipe but all the spark's pipes i've heard are not for trails,if you want to keep them open anyways,that's one thing i like about the hrc.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Agreed, the HRC kit moves the power up in the RPm range so a smaller front sprocket will be your best friend. I just ordered a 13 and a 12 tooth front sprocket to test out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I rode an R stock and didn't like the power so when I bought one I had the HRC installed before I picked it up. The thing ripped in comparison. It beats a stock C'Dale or atleast seems to beat mine from when it was stock. Modded I'm not sure though b/c C'Dale has Trinity and R doesn't have anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts