Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my hrc kit put in and now its not running right, someone told me to set my neddle on the last position i did and now its way to lean, should i set back in the middle and adjust the air/fuel screw from there or what? I also put on a 13t sprocket. Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
132 Posts
What do you mean by not running right? I just installed mine and it runs great. I have the hrc needle in the middle clip (3rd) and air screw 2 turns out. Is it hesitating? Did you install the cam yourself?

·
Registered
90 Posts
WHO put your HRC kit in?

I dropped mine in, put the clip on the middle position.

AND rock and roll!

Something must be wrong with the installation.

Go back and check everything over again.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Did you change your main jet to a 185, now that you have the HRC airbox lid?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cam was put in by Honda, i have the 185 jet, im going to put the neddle back on the middle clip... when i adjust the air/fuel mixture do i turn it all the way in then 2 turns out or 2 turns from factory???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Adjust the screw all the way in, then 2 turns out. Factory is 1 3/4 turns out from all the way in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, I can't wait until i get this beast dialed in correctly, I can tell it's going to be alot faster, with the HRC kit. I'm also going to order an hmf fullsystem and a K&N filter, that will really get it up to it full potential dont you think?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep. That's what I'm gonna do. I think a good full pipe will complement the hrc kit very well. Especially a pipe that wakes up the bottom to mid.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My thoughts exactly, try the 13t sprocket also it will pick you up alot on bottom...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have 18's on the back so I'll stick with the stock front sprocket. Seems like the gearing is much better with the 18's than the stock 20's. If I was running 20's I'd def. get the 13t front.

·
Registered
263 Posts
my full system really woke it up and i mean WOKE IT UP!youll love the bottom to mid when you get a pipe.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally posted by blake450r@Jun 10 2004, 06:16 PM
my full system really woke it up and i mean WOKE IT UP!youll love the bottom to mid when you get a pipe.
Blake450, Do you have the HRC kit installed?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmm...air screw needs adjusting when you install the HRC? The instructions didn't mention that, right? I haven't touched the air screw.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
the clip goes on the 3rd slot from the top, on the needle jet.....not 3rd clip from the bottom...that would be to lean.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Jun 14 2004, 10:14 AM
the clip goes on the 3rd slot from the top, on the needle jet.....not 3rd clip from the bottom...that would be to lean.
There are only 5 slots on the needle, thus it would be the same slot either way.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720+Jun 15 2004, 12:39 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Jun 14 2004, 10:14 AM
There are only 5 slots on the needle, thus it would be the same slot either way. [/b]
:lol: :lol: ...thats so funny, I never put 2 and 2 together....thats so funny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts