Honda TRX 450R banner

HRC Kit Parts

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  4TRAXEX 
#1 ·
i searched and searched but did not find another post like this, so...

my stealership told me today that the only way to get a replacement HRC part was to order it from the only place in the US that is an authorized HRC parts dealer. that place is...

Thousand Oaks Honda:Suzuki:HRC:Auquatrax
http://www.hrcusa.com/

enjoy!

PS, my HRC crank case breather "T" joint is on the way.

#2 ·
Thanks for the info RedDogg. This will be a big help for anyone looking for just one or two pieces of the puzzle. I only wanted the airbox lid at first but I took the plunge and picked the whole kit up today. Actually the wife stopped and picked it up for me. Now that's a good woman! I managed to get it from the local dealer for $230. I ended up picking the HRC cam since I am going with the DR.D exhaust. Dez raved about this combo so much that I just have to try it. If I can keep a stock like bottom and still get the HRC's superior top end I will be pleased. I'm happy with the amount of arm pulling ability this thing has already, but I just don't like how it lays down when you try to keep it opened up. I'll test this combo out and If it isn't to my likeing I will sell the cam & exhaust endcap and try the Sparks bumpstick. :wacko:

#3 ·
how much was the T joint?

#6 ·
Originally posted by lukester720@Sep 23 2004, 08:37 PM
$25.00 w/shipping included
hardly worth it if your handy with a drill, but i already tore up my $4.00 stock one. :wacko:

#7 ·
Originally posted by RedDogg+Sep 24 2004, 06:41 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-lukester720
@Sep 23 2004, 08:37 PM
$25.00 w/shipping included
hardly worth it if your handy with a drill, but i already tore up my $4.00 stock one. :wacko: [/b]
Ouch! Maybe I was better off buying the whole kit. The lid alone probably would have cost me 80 bucks!

#8 ·
This is what I like to hear Dez! I've picked this combo based heavily on your positive remarks and I hope I am pleased with it. I trust your opinions and insight on this forum and just want to extend a big THANKS for all of the no BS info you provide.

I'm quite fine with everyone passing over the DR.D! If it really works as well as you suggest with the HRC kit (yes I got the entire kit and the Sparks filter as well) I can't really ask for anything more other than for everyone else to keep ignoring it! This thing pulls my arms enough so I don't really need any harsher bottom, but as I said I dislike the way it falls on it's face up top. Everyone seems to agree that the HRC cam has the top end juice so I'm pretty stoked to get this thing together. I feel a lot better about putting Honda parts back in this thing as well. Nothing against the little guys, but I just trust the manufacturer a wee bit more. Now I just need to decide if I am going to tackle the cam or dish it out to the dealer. I don't like others working on my stuff, but I just don't know if I want to trust myself with a costly blunder.

You mentioned the clutch upgrade. Did you experience slipping or any other problems with the stock setup and the increased power? Just curious if I need to look into this avenue next.

Tires will be a little while. I'd like to run a set of ITP bajas with either XCR's, HD's or maybe even the IRazrs. I need to build the piggy bank up again and keep the wife happy too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.