Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I put in the HRC kit the 450R isn't the one kick wonder anymore. I have to some times kick it over 4-6 times. I have the kit jetting and the air screw out 2 1/4

Also what does the hot start button do exactly? Add some raw fuel?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I do use the hot start. When either hot or cold I have to give throttle while kicking it over to start.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
From what i heard on this site you are never supposed to give it throttle when you kick it because of the back kick that it can give you. It has happened to me befor when i got fed up and just held it open. the trick is because there is still gas in the carb press the throttle 3 or 4 times before you kick it. It kinda acts as a primer.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
How long have you had the HRC kit in for? While they or you were in there did you check/adjust the valves? Usually vavles will cause hard starting when cold, then when warm and then it just wont start by kicking it.

What jetting are you running. You should never give it any gas maybe 2 or 2 pumps before you start kicking to get some fresh fuel in there.

Dave

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
how well does it idle down when it's warmed up? do you have to set the idle speed up? with the symptoms you describe , you could be advanced on tooth on cam timing.

cool avatar 626................mixxer

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had the kit for about almost two months. When I say giving it gas I mean I just slightly blip the throttle while on the down stroke of the kick starter and it normally works on the second kick but sometimes I have to kick it about 4 times. I running what came in the kit for jetting. 185 main and the clip in the 3rd postion what else came with it a 50 pilot? It runs gtreat and idles fine. It just takes a few more kicks so I thought I'd ask about it.

When should I adjust the valves? I got the quad in late June and have rode about 30-40 miles every weekend since.

I never tried pumping the gas before starting I'll try that thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts