Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase my 450r and I am having the dealer install the HRC kit. I am wondering if I should just stay with the modded Stock pipe (after HRC core is installed) or go with an aftermarket piece.

Any Recommendations

I definately dont want to loose any bottom grunt

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have never had the end cap and i only rode it once before i installed an aftermarket pipe, although i do have the hrc cam and jetting. I felt like i lost some low end grunt with the stock 14 tooth, espeacilly in the corners at the track but i installed a 13 tooth and it woke this quad up. Besides aftermarket pipes are cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go with the after market pipe. It's only money right? It wouldn't be fun to leave it stock.

No really, I have the HRC kit with 13t sprocket and a Big Gun pipe.
My bottom end is great, and it pulls all the way to the top.
Not most important, but it sounds a hell of a lot better too.

GO AFTERMARKET!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well I guess Im the loner :( . Im still running the HRC endcap and I love the sound of it. I was in debate a few days ago though on weather I should get aftermarket exhuast or a Rekluse clutch. Well, needless to say the clutch won but next time around Sparks will be getting my money on a new exhaust.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Lason@Jul 25 2004, 12:27 PM
Well I guess Im the loner  :( . Im still running the HRC endcap and I love the sound of it. I was in debate a few days ago though on weather I should get aftermarket exhuast or a Rekluse clutch. Well, needless to say the clutch won but next time around Sparks will be getting my money on a new exhaust.
Im still running the HRC end cap....I still like it alot.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
do u think i could have the dealer install a HRC kit & add the price to the loan I have through Honda & change my monthly payments?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm running the HRC kit w/end cap and no complaints. I like it and it seems to pull very well. A guy w/Sparks exhaust was riding against me and I beat him everytime on mine and when we switched, it was the same result. (He had stock cam though.) But most riders I've talked to don't even know about the deal w/the cam and exhaust.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have just the end cap still. And really like it. The HRC kit with a 13T is the way to go for a big bang with your buck. $400 for maybe 2HP. I dunno about that. If you have the extra cash to blow go for it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This was on an MX starting line. It's about a 300ft drag to the first turn from the gates. We were able to get a couple frends to help out and they dropped the gate and we took off. Yes, he got the jump, but he would always lose it about the time I was shifting to 3rd. Seemed like it didn't have the power. He had much more bottom though. Just it felt like it dropped when you hit high rpm's and shifted through the gears. Needed a cam.

Next time he'll probably kill me though b/c he's getting the Sparks cam and opening it up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input.

I think I'll stick with the HRC endcap for now, and put my money into the extended warranty. I can always get a new pipe later.

Anyone know if the extended warranty is good?.....is it voided in anyway by having the dealer install the HRC kit?

Lastly.....how much is the extended warranty going for?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by OverBoost@Jul 28 2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks for all the input.

I think I'll stick with the HRC endcap for now, and put my money into the extended warranty. I can always get a new pipe later.

Anyone know if the extended warranty is good?.....is it voided in anyway by having the dealer install the HRC kit?

Lastly.....how much is the extended warranty going for?
get this...my dealer wouldnt let me get an extended warrenty because its a R.....they said if it didnt have the R on the end then they could.....fuc&ers. B)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
is it voided in anyway by having the dealer install the HRC kit?[/b]
Aftermarket parts do not void warranties despite popular opinion.

The same federal laws that allow you to use the motor oil of your choice without voiding the warranty are the ones that protect you in this case as well.

The only way they can void your warranty is by proving beyond a reasonable doubt that either the aftermarket equipment or installation caused the problem you're trying to get fixed. The burden of proof is on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts