Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We currently have a few too many HRC needle kits and R&D Flexjets on the shelf... here is your chance to save some money on an item that almost never goes on sale!!

Woodward Specialties Woodward Specialties Carb Needles from Woodward Specialties, Inc. - Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, ATV, and Street Bike parts and accessories.

Make sure to use the promo code from my signature for an added 5% off your entire order!!!

Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WoodwardSpecialties
Please like and share our page with your friends!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good price on the jet kit but can you do better on the shipping? The only options it shows is $10 for UPS or USPS Priority Mail. It should not cost more then $5.25 for priority mail and you could ship it out USPS First Class mail for about $1? Let me know, thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep, I was able to buy the same thing from partszilla for $25 shipped. I would love to be able to support the site vendors, but cant justify paying $10 shipping when it can be shipped for way less. At those prices you would be making a profit off of shipping also.

The shipping price is what gets ya

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All orders on our site over $100 receive free shipping. We offer a $10 flat rate shipping on all orders under $100. We do this to keep it flat rate, easy and simple for everyone.

In this particular case, the small item would fit in a priority mail box for $5.25.... however many items on are site don't fit in the flat rate box, and cost us a lot more than the $10 flat rate that we charge our customers. We chose a flat rate shipping system on our website to help keep the cost down for our customers. Had we gone with a system that charges exact shipping prices based on size of the item and your zip code, you would find that the shipping would usually be far over $10 on almost every order. I know the cheapest that i can ship anything UPS costs me a minimum of $8 for a 1 lbs. box.

I know the mention of $1 first class mail shipping was made.... just to clarify, if you are shipping first class for $1, you must be putting it in an envelope, as you cannot ship a box first class that cheap. The needles and many other small items are too fragile to mail in an envelope. They bend, or poke through, obviously causing problems for us, and our customer. We do not ship them in envelopes. Also first class mail can be slow.... sometimes 3-4 days behind priority.

Feel free to take advantage of the savings on the HRC needle and combine it with other items to qualify for free shipping!

·
Registered
236 Posts
It only keeps it easy for your company, not the consumer. By only offering a flat rate it does not give the customer any options. I do not know many people that are willing to pay more then double the shipping cost. I can understand that shipping some things in an envelope may not be the way to go. There are several other packaging options that can be made so that you could ship a jet kit for less then $2 including the packaging material. It is just my opinion, but I think that you are missing out on a lot of business by not offering options such as USPS First class mail for anything under 13oz. I am constantly buying and messing around with different jets for my quads and others, if you had a better shipping option I could purchase from you. If I where to buy just one jet from your site it would cost $10 to ship it? As for first class being slower that is not true. USPS First Class in most cases is the same if not faster then Priority Mail, I use it all the time. If you charge a flat $10 priority mail shipping but ship it out by the $5.25 priority mail box then why not just refund the difference instead of making a profit of shipping also?

All orders on our site over $100 receive free shipping. We offer a $10 flat rate shipping on all orders under $100. We do this to keep it flat rate, easy and simple for everyone.

In this particular case, the small item would fit in a priority mail box for $5.25.... however many items on are site don't fit in the flat rate box, and cost us a lot more than the $10 flat rate that we charge our customers. We chose a flat rate shipping system on our website to help keep the cost down for our customers. Had we gone with a system that charges exact shipping prices based on size of the item and your zip code, you would find that the shipping would usually be far over $10 on almost every order. I know the cheapest that i can ship anything UPS costs me a minimum of $8 for a 1 lbs. box.

I know the mention of $1 first class mail shipping was made.... just to clarify, if you are shipping first class for $1, you must be putting it in an envelope, as you cannot ship a box first class that cheap. The needles and many other small items are too fragile to mail in an envelope. They bend, or poke through, obviously causing problems for us, and our customer. We do not ship them in envelopes. Also first class mail can be slow.... sometimes 3-4 days behind priority.

Feel free to take advantage of the savings on the HRC needle and combine it with other items to qualify for free shipping!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts