·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i need to jet with just an hrc end cap

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would imagine so. It opens the exhaust path up like a kit would, so I am guessing you would. If anyone else has any input go for it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i'm going to add a question here. should i do more than cut a 2" hole in my airbox lid to get the most power from my hrc end cap? i have a 2" hole right now but if bigger is better i'll do it. also, i can't believe how much the end cap and hole in the lid woke up my R, to bad it's way louder and doesn't sound like a crotch rocket anymore.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by freeride@Aug 19 2004, 11:45 PM
i'm going to add a question here. should i do more than cut a 2" hole in my airbox lid to get the most power from my hrc end cap? i have a 2" hole right now but if bigger is better i'll do it. also, i can't believe how much the end cap and hole in the lid woke up my R, to bad it's way louder and doesn't sound like a crotch rocket anymore.
if you want the most power out of it, take the air box lid all the way off and rejet. you will have to rejet with the 2" hole anyway...so just take the lid off and go all the way...

·
Registered
430 Posts
By my opinion, you don't need to rejet if u put the hrc end cap. I ran my R with no end cap for 2 month with no other modifications. Then i put a yoshi pipe on and i didn't rejet. But once i took out the airbox lid and put in the k&n, I rejeted. Youre gonna see power increase if u rejet.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by freeride@Aug 19 2004, 11:45 PM
How much louder is it, I was down at the track , it didnt seem much different.

·
Registered
933 Posts
a lot louder, but it's even louder yet if you pull off the lid. i've had mine on for a few weeks now and i would never go back to stock, it's a night and day difference in power. i'm sure it would pass a 94dec test with the tip but it's still a lot louder than the stocker.

·
Registered
572 Posts
WHEN my 450r was stock I bought a used hrc end cap for $10.the eng ran great
louder & more power .Went camping at 7000-8000 ft.Eng ran perfect at that elev.
After I got home I figured out I must be running a little lean at 1100 ft.peoria AZ.
changed main jet from 118(stock) to a 125 & it ran perfect(better top end).
Now I run 180 main,hrc needle on third clip,2 turns out air/fuel screw,sparks filter
kit,ehs air box lid.what a difference!!!!!!! Cant wait to get a pipe(dr.d or HMF).

:) RIDE RED

1 - 8 of 8 Posts