Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my HRC cam installed the other day, and now I have no bottom end, they say the HRC cam is for mid to top end. I am getting the ballance pro exhaust from HMF and a filter kit from K&N. Should I keep my HRC cam in and see how it does with the new install, or go ahead and take it out and reinstall the stock one???

·
Registered
132 Posts
I didn't notice much of a decrease from stock on the bottom. I'd keep the cam in, especially if you are getting the balance pipe as it should really wake up the bottom. I bet it will haul the mail with that combo.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the HRC kit...

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Its a higher lift cam than the stock one, which at low RPM could potentially lose a little bottom end compared to a stock style cam. I mostly use bottom and mid, so that why I chose to get the Sparks agressive cam.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am goin to get the full system HMF Ballance pro exhaust, and a intake kit, hopefully this should really bring the bottom end in... Does a 195 main jet sound about rigth with that set up???

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
You'll have to try and see, it sounds a little big but who knows without testing it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
195 is pretty good if you are removing the lid and have a full system. I am running a 195 at 2000 feet. I went to flagstaff (7000) and it still wanted 185-190. It would not even run at WOT with a 175. I have a k&n with no lid and an hmf full.

·
Registered
263 Posts
my jetting is perfect with all my mods (read my sig). i didnt touch the carb when i got my pipe. it runs like a raped ape.

·
Registered
47 Posts
well i dont have the cam but i got the hmf full balance pipe and not only did it add bottom end but it seemed to smooth out the delivery of the power even more, im looing into the cam as well but i have been leaning towards the sparks cam since i read lukester720's post about it, but i had the HRC cam reccommended by gt thunder for my bike but i still feel i want the sparks cam
just some info i thought i should share

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts