Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found threads on older 450s but not much on the new ones. I have a 2013 450R and wanted to know the baseline rear wheel hp? Also the expected gain with the combination of following upgrades...green wire mod, Dasa classic exhaust, FCI, stage 2 hot cam and proper jetting.
Any ideas much appreciated!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't think the engines have really changed much. From 08+ I don't think there are any changes. Reason I say 08 is the auto decomp on 08+ vs 06/07. Realistically stock Id say 35 give or take a few and with the mods Id say between 44-47. Give or take a few aswell. The reason being because without a dyno its hard to say and plus the jetting can be tampered with to squeeze every last bit of power out of it. I think I left you with a good estimation though

·
450R Rider
1,985 Posts
Hes probably about right if u want more power than send ur head off to get ported. Thats where alot of the power comes from

·
Registered
13 Posts
The intake on 06+ is good through the 50s, don't waste your money. And you won't see the exhaust giving you any benefit until your making mid 50s, don't waste your money. Start with a port and polish and cam. Give John at racers edge a call for the port, great customer service and fast turn around.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I disagree with 08white450e....I think you should start with the exhaust first... honestly your going to have to buy it anyways, and if you do the head etc first, then you will not have those mods being supported well. If you leave on your stock exhaust with a port job, bigger jets, and a cam, it wont be letting the air out that it should, therefore = less power! I would honestly start with exhaust, the cam, pull that airbox lid, jet it good, and do that green wire mod. Then if your funds are right afterwards then start with porting. Unless you have the money to do it all at once. Part of the reason I say do the exhaust first, is because in your original post you said nothing about head porting anyways. So I would cut that wire, jet it properly, and buy the exhaust or cam first. (whichever one you don't buy, then buy it next). Besides no one likes stock exhaust ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dont bother with the green mod unless you know for sure you are going with a cam. Waste of time not like it takes time but doesnt really help unless u have the cam in and port. Fact......(I think) lol

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I disagree with 08white450e....I think you should start with the exhaust first... honestly your going to have to buy it anyways, and if you do the head etc first, then you will not have those mods being supported well. If you leave on your stock exhaust with a port job, bigger jets, and a cam, it wont be letting the air out that it should, therefore = less power! I would honestly start with exhaust, the cam, pull that airbox lid, jet it good, and do that green wire mod. Then if your funds are right afterwards then start with porting. Unless you have the money to do it all at once. Part of the reason I say do the exhaust first, is because in your original post you said nothing about head porting anyways. So I would cut that wire, jet it properly, and buy the exhaust or cam first. (whichever one you don't buy, then buy it next). Besides no one likes stock exhaust ;)

That's exactly the steps I'm following. So far I've done full pipe, air lid off, jetting and rd flex jet. Absolutely cannot wait to do more! Probably mid/late summer :)

OP: follow this step and you will be fine. If i were to start over again with a stock bike. I'd do suspension and front end first before getting to the motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've bored mine to around 510cc put in a cam, header pipe and exhaust, KN filter in the stock box. I was wondering what jet should I use? I have a 132 in and it runs without hiccups. But I hear other ATVs have a 155. It was a long time ago I did these mods and I think one smaller or bigger and it didn't seem to run right. I had the jet kit and it skipped the 132 so I had to buy it separate from a shop. But all this was yrs ago it's an 04 that I've had since it was new. It was parked for 10 or 12 yrs so I've forgotten some things. I've recently started riding again finally. It's lead to some soreness for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts