Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members, I'm want to get a full hood that requires me to remove the old headlights, however i still want some lights on there preferably a cheap china light bar nothing fancy, I'm stumped and don't know where to start and wiring is my Achilles ankle any i would really appreciate help on how to wire and that sort of nature.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Look for the wires that go to the head lights and splice in, mount it on your handle bars it’s nice when ripping in the woods and mount a smaller one where the old lights are if your removing

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,534 Posts
There’s actually a nice harness on eBay that plugs into your factory headlight connector and then has two separate leads for aftermarket lights. Kind of slick for exactly what you are looking to do.

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
There’s actually a nice harness on eBay that plugs into your factory headlight connector and then has two separate leads for aftermarket lights. Kind of slick for exactly what you are looking to do.
really? got a link buddy?

·
4,534 Posts
Item number 174332006282 Looks like a decent harness. I’ve been meaning to get one but haven’t decided what light I want to run. I really want to keep the stock hood and incorporate a light into it. I really wish FourWerx would make a hood that was compatible with a nice aftermarket LED light.

·
4,534 Posts
Yep, that’s the one I was talking about! I would probably whack off those bullet connectors and use waterproof weather pack connectors, but otherwise it should work good.

What light are you going with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow members, I'm want to get a full hood that requires me to remove the old headlights, however i still want some lights on there preferably a cheap china light bar nothing fancy, I'm stumped and don't know where to start and wiring is my Achilles ankle any i would really appreciate help on how to wire and that sort of nature.
I have a 2009 and took my headlight off and replaced it with a 8 inch from walmart and it was unreal how perfect everything lined up as far as mounting bolt holes from old light to the new light bar. Only took me 20 minutes or so and look great not to mention way brighter plus if I go camping and need some light around camp I can just turn the key on without starting and leave it for a hour or two and the bike still starts the next morning no problem. Keep in mind you will no longer have high and low beams if you go with the light bar I got. It's either on or off but possibly one of the best things I have done to it as far as cosmetics. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
well i guess no one is interested in a fancy setup as mine, LOL

top is my old setup and the bottom is my kids current set up

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts