Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 trx 450r oem crank 480 cylinder with 13:1, 42mm taper bored fcr,stock intake no lid, racers edge epoxy port plus 1 valves, stage 3 hotcam and monster shorty big bore exhaust. The other build is a 2005 trx450r (511cc) oem crank Carrillo rod stroked 4.2mm. With 480 cylinder 13:1,42mm taper bored fcr, stock intake no lid, racers edge epoxy port with plus 1 valves, hotcam stage 3 and monster shorty big bore exhaust.

·
Registered
374 Posts
For the 480 Build... I wanna guess 55 to 58 in HP

For the 511 Build... I'm gonna take a wild guess and say 65 to 68 HP

For some comparison for fun Mine Was making 48HP and 35ftlbs or Torque when I was running it with a 10:5.1 Vertex Piston, Epoxy Ported head, Stage 3 Cam, 41mm FCR Carb, Rossier Exhaust, OEM Valves, Kibble White Springs with 91 Pump Gas

My newest set up is now all the same just replaced the Vertex piston with a 13:5.1 CP piston with .030" decked off the Head now my compression ratio is 13:75.1 and now I'm making 54HP and 39ftlbs of Torque, that was on 110 VP

Mine I know would make way more HP if I were to let Racers Edge do the work, but I had fun seeing what I my self am capable of, so that's the only reason I did my own work.

It would be cool if John had a "Dummy Quad" to toss engines in with a dedicated Dyno Sheet sent back to the customer for each engine they build though... But I know they have really fast turn around time and tons of engines that they build so they don't wanna waste any time.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
2005 trx 450r oem crank 480 cylinder with 13:1, 42mm taper bored fcr,stock intake no lid, racers edge epoxy port plus 1 valves, stage 3 hotcam and monster shorty big bore exhaust. The other build is a 2005 trx450r (511cc) oem crank Carrillo rod stroked 4.2mm. With 480 cylinder 13:1,42mm taper bored fcr, stock intake no lid, racers edge epoxy port with plus 1 valves, hotcam stage 3 and monster shorty big bore exhaust.
I know this is an old thread but if you see this I hope you respond. On the 511 build how did you go about the build? Stroke the stock crank and replace the rod with the pin rebushed to 19mm and use a crf piston? Or was it a kit with a custom piston? If it was a crf did you deck the head to get the static compression back up to its advertised ratio?
Both builds could use more intake and carb size but I bet the bottom end on the 511 is fun to ride

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,036 Posts
I’m not sure if he’ll respond, but it’s almost certainly a stroked stock crank, with a bushed rod and CRF piston. It is necessary to deck the head to bring compression back up. The 4.2 stroker is a fun motor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this is an old thread but if you see this I hope you respond. On the 511 build how did you go about the build? Stroke the stock crank and replace the rod with the pin rebushed to 19mm and use a crf piston? Or was it a kit with a custom piston? If it was a crf did you deck the head to get the static compression back up to its advertised ratio?
Both builds could use more intake and carb size but I bet the bottom end on the 511 is fun to ride
To be honest I never built the 511 I decided to just go with the 480. I was just trying to see how much H.P. the 511 would make over the 480. But If I did build the 511 I was definitely going to use a stroked oem crank with a crf piston or a 2006 or newer trx 450r piston. I was going to buy the complete setup from a certain website. (Not sure if it’s against the rules to mention the website) If it isn’t against the rules I could give you their information.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,036 Posts
JSD Machine Works? I’ve bought cranks from them but not the 4.2mm stroker. Supposedly their 4.2 doesn’t need to have the cases trenched which should be awesome, because having a stock crank stroked by Crank Works I had to do a lot of clearancing to the cases, and that was after having both the rod mod 1 and 2 done by crankworks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts