Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im a newbie to quads so be easy!
I just bought an 05 450r from my girlfriends brother but he doesn,t remember if he put a jet kit on. How can i tell if it does and what are some other upgrades I can do? It currently has an exhaust system with headers i believe its an fmf power bomb, supposably a jetkit, and I am not sure if it has a filter I have to check as well. I f there is nop filter can I modify the stock air box? How good are the HRC KITS or should I just opt for a cam and keep what I have on it if there is already a jet kit?

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
your bike wont have a removable leak jet....

and if she runs good..... just add a cam... and you should be good to go....

if she runs poorly.... you can always add an HRC jet kit if needed.....

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
the fmf exhausts comes with the jets needed for the exhaust so yea it probably does have a jet kit in it wont know for sure unless you check the jets themselves to see what size they are

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your bike wont have a removable leak jet....

and if she runs good..... just add a cam... and you should be good to go....

if she runs poorly.... you can always add an HRC jet kit if needed.....[/b]
I was told by another person who replied that the fmf exhaust system comes with jets. So if I did add a cam i it shouldn't have to adjust anything? What cam is good for bottom end power?

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
If it is jetted correctly now.....adding a cam will probably not alter the jetting much.... but changing your intake system will.....

a VERY good cam for the 05 is an HCII......jmho....

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
If it is jetted correctly now.....adding a cam will probably not alter the jetting much.... but changing your intake system will.....

a VERY good cam for the 05 is an HCII......jmho....[/b]
yea id say a very high percentage of users on this site run the HCII... including me! :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts