Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Bore Killer
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the whole hrc kit for my 05. everything but the cam....
if i run stock cam but i opened up the box and exhasut put the T in and put the hrc jetting in is it going to be close???

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
i have the whole hrc kit for my 05. everything but the cam....
if i run stock cam but i opened up the box and exhasut put the T in and put the hrc jetting in is it going to be close???[/b]
Everyone ive asked about swapping cams have said the jetting usually doesnt need to be adjusted at all..but my friend adjusted his cam and it was WAAY out of whack..but thats an adjustment not a cam swap..Thats just from my knowledge cant really help u exactly with ur topic sry but good luck

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
i didnt need to change jetting with a drop in cam.. im sure some of the more extreme cams maybe, but with the hotcam or hrc, i wouldnt think so... the hrc jetting should be pretty close

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
In My Humble Opinion...

if your gonna use the stock cam....there is no need to change all the other aspects of your engine...... cuzz the BUMPSTICK is the HEART of your engine....

you really need to find a better cam to work with....than the stock OEM cam..... then go from there.....

but usually any jetting changes from a cam swap are minimal.....

jmho...me~

·
Big Bore Killer
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats just what i'm going to do...
i'm just trying to figure out what cam i want...
early HRC
late HRC
hc stg 2
hc stg 3
02 crf
i just can't wait until i get the cam, i want to open it up first i guess.
driving a stock quad sucks! lol

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
driving a stock quad sucks! lol[/b]

Word.....LOL

what kinda power curve are you looking for? cant really go wrong with an HCII..... I know it doesnt sound 'glamorous'.... but the cam really works for a strong overall performance....

·
Big Bore Killer
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i wanna try the O2 crf cam...
it says its a good all around cam
i usually only ride in the lower or mid rpm with this quad, i don't keep it at high revs so this cam may be a good choice for me??
i've only had like 6 months to figure this out... LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts