3,685 Posts
Originally posted by fast@May 14 2004, 08:50 AM
that is alot cheaper then what sparks cams cost
yeah, but the sparks is way better.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by fast@May 14 2004, 09:22 AM
how is the stage 2 do when you race a sparks camed bike?
never seen it, so I cant really answer that....Ill put my money on the sparks...you get what you pay for, and sparks is 100 dollars more...for one thing.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by fast@May 14 2004, 09:26 AM
but for that $100 you cood spend it on somthing else
well you can put it towards something else, but all your going to get with 100 dollars is a skid plate, grab bar, or bumper.....witch is a plus, you have a point. but I would rather have the performance of the sparks for the 100 dollars...funny isnt it, opinions are like A** holes, everyone has one!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I thought the hotcams stage 1 were comparable to the sparks in terms of gains? Anyone have a stage 1?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by jmoney45@May 14 2004, 09:40 AM
I thought the hotcams stage 1 were comparable to the sparks in terms of gains?  Anyone have a stage 1?
the stage 1 hot cam is basically the same as the HRC cam...so your telling me the HRC cam and the sparks cam and the stage 1 Hotcam are basically the same....I dont think so....The Sparks has alot more down low then both of those, I think the sparks cam has more down low then the hotcam stage 2 cam, let alone the stage 1...Not to mention it has the same if not more up top then the other cams.....this is just my opinion but I think the sparks cam is way better.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i have hotcams in stock for the 450r. i have both stage 1 cams... as well as the stage 2.

the sale price for members will be $115 each. thanks[/b]
Does that price require a core sent in? Or is there a core charge?
Joe

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+May 14 2004, 09:51 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jmoney45
@May 14 2004, 09:40 AM
I thought the hotcams stage 1 were comparable to the sparks in terms of gains?  Anyone have a stage 1?
the stage 1 hot cam is basically the same as the HRC cam...so your telling me the HRC cam and the sparks cam and the stage 1 Hotcam are basically the same....I dont think so....The Sparks has alot more down low then both of those, I think the sparks cam has more down low then the hotcam stage 2 cam, let alone the stage 1...Not to mention it has the same if not more up top then the other cams.....this is just my opinion but I think the sparks cam is way better. [/b]
I'm not telling you anything, I'm asking a question. And the stage 1 has more low end than the stage 2. The stage 2 and HRC are very similar.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by jmoney45+May 14 2004, 11:27 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 09:51 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jmoney45
@May 14 2004, 09:40 AM

the stage 1 hot cam is basically the same as the HRC cam...so your telling me the HRC cam and the sparks cam and the stage 1 Hotcam are basically the same....I dont think so....The Sparks has alot more down low then both of those, I think the sparks cam has more down low then the hotcam stage 2 cam, let alone the stage 1...Not to mention it has the same if not more up top then the other cams.....this is just my opinion but I think the sparks cam is way better.
I'm not telling you anything, I'm asking a question. And the stage 1 has more low end than the stage 2. The stage 2 and HRC are very similar. [/b]
hotcam tells you that the stage 1 is like the HRC. not the stage 2.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
here it is
Hotcam Stage 1 specs
· Excellent midrange and top end power increase.
· Uses stock valve springs and rockers.
· Intake - 9.6mm. Lift / 237° Duration.
· Exhaust - 8.7mm. Lift / 268° Duration.

Hotcam stage 2 specs
· Improves with mild head porting.
· Intake - 10.1mm. Lift / 248° Duration.
· Exhaust - 8.7mm. Lift / 268° Duration

it says on both of them midrange and top end...neither say anything about the bottom end. from what they say here I dont think they offer much down low.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by fast@May 14 2004, 11:58 AM
the sparks cam says

It really has great bottom and mid range with improved top end.
Dude you wont beileve this. I just called Sparks racing and spoke with Jeff...they now have 3 different cams available
1. mild cam on a scale of 1 to 10 this is rated a 3.5. he said the hotcams stage 1 is like a 3.5 and the stage 2 is like a 4

2. Aggressive Cam. on a scale of 1 to 10 Sparks rated this a 6...witch is more aggressive then both hotcams, and HRC cam. plus this is still a drop in cam.

3. Racing cam. On a scale of 1 to 10 they rate this one a 9, but you have to get hardened rockers and valve springs....

Now for prices
1. Mild Cam 170.00
2. Aggressive cam 375.00.....OUCH :huh:
3. Race Cam, 219.00 but you have to buy valve springs and rockers.

I told him that thier web site only shows the aggressive Cam, and it says it a drop in and cost 215.00....he said that must be wrong...this cam is now 375.00....ouch.
I bought mine when they came out from Sparks for 215.00. now they want 375.00...thats crazy.,

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@May 14 2004, 11:43 AM
here it is
Hotcam Stage 1 specs
· Intake - 9.6mm. Lift / 237° Duration.
· Exhaust - 8.7mm. Lift / 268° Duration.

Hotcam stage 2 specs
· Improves with mild head porting.
· Intake - 10.1mm. Lift / 248° Duration.
· Exhaust - 8.7mm. Lift / 268° Duration

it says on both of them midrange and top end...neither say anything about the bottom end. from what they say here I dont think they offer much down low.
I don't really know alot about hotcams, but just what I read from others like this post at exriders:

Exriders Post

This is why I thought the stage 1 was designed more for low to mid and the stage 2 was more for mid to top. I'm sure the sparks is the best cam but after reading it is $375 for a drop in cam I would have to say 'no thanks'. Way too much money IMHO.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts