Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont understand how people are getting extended warrenties on thier 450r's...My dealer would not do it because its an "R". then a couple of days ago I get something in the mail from Honda about buying a extended warrenty for my new Honda...well I started reading the fine print and it says right on the paperwork from honda. It says " except compatition models". ...isnt that the R?....how is everyone else getting these warrenties.....My guess is they are not from Honda.... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
what a waste of money...they kept trying to get m to buy some 4 year plan & finally I said" is it gonna break or something? I dont know if I want it then"...that got them to shutup...glad I didnt buy that either b/c chances are they wouldnt of EVER HONORED ANYTHING ON IT.....I had my frame bend from a pretty small wreck & I take it their & tell me to come back at a later time so we could talk numbers...I go back a week later & ask to tal kabout those "numbers" & he tells me..."oh yes, those part numbers"...i wanted to kick him in the teeth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Yeah they tried to sell me the 4 year plan also. I told them no, why would I buy that, I bought a Honda. I have had Honda quads for over 10 years and they don't break unless you mess up. like our 300ex, its a 99 model and it has been thru the ringer. Me and my grandson both learned to jump on it. It has been rolled numerous times, endo'd. It is still going. Ride Red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,699 Posts
Yes it is a competition model but it is not used for Competition right.....


So long as they dont know you race it then it can get an extended warrenty.... at least thats how i heard of it working....

I dont even know if my has a warrenty on it to begin with....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Aug 11 2004, 06:29 PM
Yes it is a competition model but it is not used for Competition right.....


So long as they dont know you race it then it can get an extended warrenty.... at least thats how i heard of it working....

I dont even know if my has a warrenty on it to begin with....
I dont....thanks for the reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Aug 11 2004, 11:57 AM
what a waste of money...they kept trying to get m to buy some 4 year plan & finally I said" is it gonna break or something? I dont know if I want it then"...that got them to shutup...glad I didnt buy that either b/c chances are they wouldnt of EVER HONORED ANYTHING ON IT.....I had my frame bend from a pretty small wreck & I take it their & tell  me to come back at a later time so we could talk numbers...I go back a week later & ask to tal kabout those "numbers" & he tells me..."oh yes, those part numbers"...i wanted to kick him in the teeth
Ohhhh ^_^ come on Jumbo. You know that wreck was your fault. And I dont think it was very minor....Your lucky a bent frame is all that happened....you had to be haulin A$$ when you hit that ditch to bend the frame like that...... B)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
the dealers should do a warrranty. the honda website(unless they have changed the policy without updating the website) says "only the cr, crf-r and the crf-x can not get extended warranties". the trx is not part of that group. so dealers say no and some say yes. the true answer is ???????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by foolofsand@Aug 12 2004, 12:35 AM
the dealers should do a warrranty.  the honda website(unless they have changed the policy without updating the website) says "only the cr, crf-r and the crf-x can not get extended warranties".  the trx is not part of that group.  so dealers say no and some say yes. the true answer is ???????
that figures...them freaks....My dealer obviously said no....the told me cause its a "R"....they cant warrenty it.....Im not worried about it anyway...I dont think I want most of those dealers in my engine anyway....I will do it myself....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
My dealer gave me the 4yr warranty for free on mine so I guess we'll see what they do about it. They said it doesn't cover if being raced but they'd get it fixed if anything went wrong. (They're sponsors)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top