Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New guy here. Name is Matt. I live in Newnan, GA. I have owned and currently own many Honda Motorcycles and ATV's.

I am currently building a custom Golf Cart where I am using TRX450R componets, front suspension and brakes.

I have built the cart 99% at this point but need some help making sure I got my geometry correct. Specifically the spacing of the front A-Arm pivot points where they attach to my sub-frame.

I will post some pictures of the project and the information I am trying to confirm in hopes that someone would be willing to help me get those dimensions off their quad.

Building this project has reminded me how much I used to love my 400ex and makes me want to buy a 450r for my next project, so I intend on becoming an active memeber here.

Thanks for letting me join.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here’s the information I’m looking for:

That’s what I built mine too. But I want to rebuild it to match actual TRX450R dimensions.

This view is looking at the front of the sub-frame where the A-Arms mount to the frame.

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
You’re definitely More mechanically inclined then I’ll could ever be. So im not sure i can help you. But welcome to the org. That thing looks wicked cool (nice 300Z btw). Are you putting in the trx450r motor into the build? If so can you send pic when you do. And you should definitely get yourself a trx450 quad. Keep the dream alive. They’re not going to bring it back.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re definitely More mechanically inclined then I’ll could ever be. So im not sure i can help you. But welcome to the org. That thing looks wicked cool (nice 300Z btw). Are you putting in the trx450r motor into the build? If so can you send pic when you do. And you should definitely get yourself a trx450 quad. Keep the dream alive. They’re not going to bring it back.
Thanks man. It’s been a fun project.

If you have a 450 you can help. I just need you to measure the distance between the bolts where the front arms mount to frame. Center to center for bottom arm bolts and center to center for top arm bolts. Then center to center distance between the top bolts and bottom bolts. I’ll take some pictures to help explain.

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Top bolts (horizontally) = 7-1/2”
Bottom bolts (horizontally) = 5-1/2”
Top bolt to bottom bolt (vertically) = 5-1/2”

· Registered
1,194 Posts
^^Hope that helps^^

· Registered
1,194 Posts

· Registered
1,194 Posts

· Registered
1,194 Posts
You’re the freaking man. I really appreciate you getting that information for me. Now when I rebuild that subframe I will be sure to have the correct geometry.

Thanks so much brother. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help.
No problem,anytime. Glad to help. Keep us posted during the build. Like to see the end results.👍

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Hey Bullvine. I forgot one dimension I need. The distance between the upper shock mount holes. Center to center of bolts. Would you mind taking that measurement for me too?
Sure no problem. Ill do it when i get home from work.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
10” across from center of upper shock bolt mounts.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts