Honda TRX 450R banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's really not alot of difference in power or speed between the 350x and 400ex. Even the motors are identical. My stock 400ex would beat my 350x in a drag race, but after i went to a 14 tooth front sproket on my 400 the 350 will outrun the 400 now. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
COOL 350X :_specialED: Love the DG[/b]
Got this one for sale if anybody's interested. 1000.00
[/b]

i used to race a 250x with a 350x motor in it, it was the first thing i ever raced mx. the motor was built by TC racing, it would out run most 400s around here. it was a fast bike, and eventually lost the oil pump and took out the entire top end (cam, rockers, and head) i stripped it down and sold most of the aftermarket parts and built a 250R.

i still have the most of the motor and some of the rolling chassis. i might put it back together someday, after i get my 450 together again. it will be fun to have that back the way it was when i used to race it. kind of a trip back in the past, i miss that bike.

my fav one i ever owned, it was all hand built by me and my dad. we started with a frame and went from there.... ahhh, the memories!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know were your getting your info but your are DEAD wrong about the 350X top speed and horsepower.

A stock 350X will absolutly do 72 mph. I have had 350X's since brand new and i have proven this many differant ways.

Also a stock 350X puts out more then 22hp. and can easily get over 30hp without all the mods you listed Stock they put out 27hp. and simply replacing the pipe will get you over 30. the ascot/xr 500 head was a dead issue in the 80's. it was a experiment that never went far. Modifying the stock head is the better option.

as far as starting they are not as difficult as people make them out to be. the problem lies in lack of proper technique. Bringing the motor to top dead center then jumping on it is how i would expect a novice 85lb girl to try. Instead bring the motor up to top dead center...THEN RELEASE the kicker back to normal THEN kick it with a thourough kick. this will activate the decompression cable and make it effective.

and running a twist is easy once you get rid of the death grip.
Have owned a Honda 350x since new and it has 18hp at the wheels and will do 65mph with my cobra pipe on it, larger wheels, and faster sprockets. Also being a 20yr veteran and still not knowing how to properly use the decompression leads me to believe your experience is wrong experience. Do something wrong for 30 years doesn't make it right.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts