Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting the hmf pipe but i will probly be keeping the stock cam for a while i was wondering if i need to get the header pipe or will it make and differnece with the stock cam. Also is the hmf the best slip on to get or do you guys know of something else thats puts out more power. I will be doing mostly trail riding and drag racing. I am going to jet it to. SO if you guys will help me out i would like to know what pipe and jet size will be the best for that type of riding. I also want everyone to be able to hear be coming for a long ways really love the noise. Oh yea i have put the 13th sprocket on and i am getting 18 inch tires to.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
If u want a loud pipe, Get a dmc alien, i have it and love the sound, and is it loud. Also i am not sure if this is with open air box or not, but the dyno was in the latest dirt wheels, it has 12 % hp gains and 13% torque or vice versa, also its worth it to get the power pack for it it includesd k&n filter and outerwears cover wit a dyno jet, wich will replace the stock needle, and from wat dez said is a good idea, just my .02c

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan@Aug 29 2004, 09:40 PM
If u want a loud pipe, Get a dmc alien, i have it and love the sound, and is it loud. Also i am not sure if this is with open air box or not, but the dyno was in the latest dirt wheels, it has 12 % hp gains and 13% torque or vice versa, also its worth it to get the power pack for it it includesd k&n filter and outerwears cover wit a dyno jet, wich will replace the stock needle, and from wat dez said is a good idea, just my .02c
thanks man a loud pipe with good power is what i am looking for. What is the price on the power kit and a number where i could call and order.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
i got the pipe and power kit from magic racing for 579.95, this icludes everything i mentioned, and the site is www.magicracing.com the number is there or u can order right from there, if your close enough you can drive, im sure there are other places u can get this, they show the kit right in dirt wheels. Also u can check there site out at www.dmc-on-line.com its a nice looking pipe, and light, mine fitted real nice and i didnt have to fight with it, ive never compared this pipe to others, this is the first aftermarket pipe i have bought and i would buy one again, u have 1 year on manufacturing as well.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
By the way there is a dealer locator online at dmc-on-line and if u look around u can find the atv power pack and atv pro power pack,

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
You might consider Dubach, I've heard good things about it and it is waayyyyy cheaper that the DMC. desert_450r and trx450rlude have it and seem to like it real weel so far.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey,
I'm sitting here trying to decide what the best exhaust for my bike would be. It sounds like the Bill Ballance pipe puts out a good amount of power. I was wondering if there was anything else out there that would be just as good or better. Another thing, I was wondering what the sound level for that pipe is?

Also, would it be worth it to go ahead and buy the full system? For now my R is stock, but I plan on a cam in the future. Any information or feedback would be great!

thanks
-kevin

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
What kind of riding do you do Kagler?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I do a lot in the sand as well as on the trails. the majority of my riding will be in the sand, but i do take it to trails down in hollister, CA.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
If you mostly ride in sand you should probably get a pipe with more top end, the hmf is excellent for the trails. For sand you might try a sparks, lrd, or trinity pipe and I'm sure there are others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts