Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else had this problem it fits great at the header fits great at the first bolt right where the slipon starts but the bolt on the rear wont go in the muffler is about 2 or 3 inches higher than the bolt and it wont go down i a have been rideing it bolted in the upper hole under the seat just above where the stock bolts up.is this the wrong muffler or do i need to push it down just dont want to hurt anything on the box it said 450r so i dont know.i took pictures today i will post them soon

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
the HMF system on atc250r's didn't lend itself to having both holes line up either.

i'm sorry, i can't resist, no offense but kydude may not immediately mean "dude from Kentucky" to people not actually from kentucky. maybe it's just me
..............mixxer

·
Registered
75 Posts
It sounds like what happened to a guy I know. He bought a C'Dale system and for some reason the mounts were set for a YFZ and were on the WRONG side of the quad. He said HMF sent him a new canister though and all was fine. I have an HMF on the ATK and bolted perfectly and looks great. A little louder than my Trinity but nice finish and the black looks good.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
EVERY HMF pipe i have seen has been off by like 1/4" or so but never more than that.....

If you are off more than 1/4" i would be giveing them a call....

·
Registered
986 Posts
just leave everything loose and once its all on and mounted start to tighten it up from the front to back. this seemed to work great for me has i had no problems with getting mine to mount.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great advice dn911 it bolts up perfect now did what you said its fine now.i guess i was in a hurry to get it on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts