Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you replace the colored rings with another color? For example, if I got some with blue rings, would I be able to change these for red ones? Also, if they have intergrated hubs and fit they 400ex, they will also fit the 450R, correct?

Thanks,

Zack

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Zack,
I can answer one of your questions and possibly both. Yes you can get different colored rings and I can't believe they are much money. They are simple to change as well. I would contact anyone who sells hipers to get the exact price (I went through Bob at Magnolia tractor and he was great to work with and had low prices but I'm sure Schmitty can help also).

As for the integrated hub I believe you will be able to swap it between the 400 and 450 as well. As long as they have the same number of splines on the axle (I believe they do) you would be ok.

Hope this helps and they are awesome rims!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jmoney45@Jun 21 2004, 08:56 PM
Hey Zack,
I can answer one of your questions and possibly both.  Yes you can get different colored rings and I can't believe they are much money.  They are simple to change as well.  I would contact anyone who sells hipers to get the exact price (I went through Bob at Magnolia tractor and he was great to work with and had low prices but I'm sure Schmitty can help also).

As for the integrated hub I believe you will be able to swap it between the 400 and 450 as well.  As long as they have the same number of splines on the axle (I believe they do) you would be ok.

Hope this helps and they are awesome rims!
Thanks for the info man, and that is what I wanted to hear :D

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Yes, the hubs will work and you can get different rings.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Yea the rings are like 25 bucks per......... and they bolt right up to each other...... i have a blue set a red set and a black set.... im getting the yellow set next :D

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Jun 22 2004, 10:42 AM
Yea the rings are like 25 bucks per......... and they bolt right up to each other...... i have a blue set a red set and a black set.... im getting the yellow set next  :D
25 bucks for each one?? I guess I will just have to dish out the cash, this R is gonna look niiice B) (I hope)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just throw the rings up on ebay, type in "yfz 450r 400ex etc etc" and im sure youll get some serious bidders, charge more to ship than it would cost (like EVERYONE else) and youll have some money left to help pay for the rings, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts