Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I went with the 9's since the wheels are dual pattern just in case I sell or trade em.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Depending on where you ride a larger wheel will have a tendency to hit more objects than a smaller wheel. Hypers are real expensive as you know so if you are riding on trails with rocks, tree branches, etc. I would go with 8". 8" is more of a popular size anyways especially if you decide to sell them.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
It depends on your riding style and what kind of riding you do. I am going to have to disagree with quadboy a little and say if you ride trails you may be better off with a 9 inch for clearance reasons. I know its only an inch but its better than nothing. If you are MX’ing you could probably get an 8 inch rim. As far as the integrated hub, I don't know much about it. I would have to say no to it just for the same reason as the others said... if you want to sell it someone may not want it that has an R?

Dave

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Ride_Red626@Sep 29 2004, 10:38 PM
It depends on your riding style and what kind of riding you do.  I am going to have to disagree with quadboy a little and say if you ride trails you may be better off with a 9 inch for clearance reasons.  I know its only an inch but its better than nothing.  If you are MX’ing you could probably get an 8 inch rim. As far as the integrated hub, I don't know much about it.  I would have to say no to it just for the same reason as the others said... if you want to sell it someone may not want it that has an R?

Dave
We are talking about wheels not tires. A 9" wheel isn't going to give you anymore clearance than a 8" wheel. The tire size will determine that.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like the 8" but they only come in the integrated hubs (i think). they are 24 spline so i could use them on a 400ex or a 450r, but are they any good? i know there wheels are but, i have not heard a hole bunch on the ones w/hubs. how much weight will i save, i would give up rim for tire 1" for 1" the tire would be more i think weight wise.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i went with 9" do to the fact that most xc tires do not come it 8" and i would like to be able to run both mx and xc tires.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by BOONE450R@Oct 1 2004, 10:44 AM
well i went with 9" do to the fact that most xc tires do not come it 8" and i would like to be able to run both mx and xc tires.
It only matters what you want. :D Just so you know. The 9" is the best all around rim. Because your tire has the best of both worlds. It's right in the middle. 8's are better for more rubber under the rim for jumping and the 10's are better for less weight under the rim and your quad. But the 9's will be right inbetween. 8's are best for track and maybe 10's can be good for trail. But I would think you made the right choice for you. It's your money!!! B)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts