Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
dual beadlock has a locking bead on the inside bead and outside bead and single beadlock only has the locking bead on the outside bead

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
dual beadlock has a locking bead on the inside bead and outside bead and single beadlock only has the locking bead on the outside bead[/b]
what is the advantage of the dual beadlock?
i have seen some with a different hub but i cant find that at hiper.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Hiper does not make the integrated hub anymore i would guess to many problems, The advantage to having dual beadlock is being able to run lower air pressure with out rolling the tire off the bead and if you ever have a tire go down you can also still ride on it without fear of it coming off.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Hiper does not make the integrated hub anymore i would guess to many problems, The advantage to having dual beadlock is being able to run lower air pressure with out rolling the tire off the bead and if you ever have a tire go down you can also still ride on it without fear of it coming off.[/b]
is that all?

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Hiper does not make the integrated hub anymore i would guess to many problems, The advantage to having dual beadlock is being able to run lower air pressure with out rolling the tire off the bead and if you ever have a tire go down you can also still ride on it without fear of it coming off.[/b]
is that all?
[/b]
sometimes you NEED low pressure and during a race a flat tire coming off the rim will stop ou from finishing, but a flat tire staying mounted on a dual beadlock will let you continue still at a pretty good pace

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
is it necessary to have beadlocks on the front wheels..i know if you get a flat but would you be fine with non beadlocks?

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
is it necessary to have beadlocks on the front wheels..i know if you get a flat but would you be fine with non beadlocks?[/b]

if you can afford beadlocks get em, yes at the last race i seen a guy pop his front tire and it completely came off the rim, well if it had been a beadlock it would have stayed on and he could have kept racing

·
Registered
762 Posts
is it necessary to have beadlocks on the front wheels..i know if you get a flat but would you be fine with non beadlocks?[/b]
they dont make dual beadlocks for the front..only rears have duals.. unless they somehow just came out with them :dunno: and about the fronts it depends on the type of riding that you do bro

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
they dont make dual beadlocks for the front..only rears have duals.. unless they somehow just came out with them :dunno: and about the fronts it depends on the type of riding that you do bro
[/b]
ya i was only saying single on the front
and i do mostly mx

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
does $424.95 sound like a good deal for single beadlock on itp mxr6s?[/b]
I think the rims retail for over 250 alone....Im too lazy to go check..but if im right..obviously you can see 424 for 2 rears on holeshots is a good deal...cuz thats like 600$ on retail, but if ur tight for money, check the for sale section here often and ebay...I saw some single beadlock rears on brand new 18 kendas for like 300 on ebay..ended at that bid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts