Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make like a 11:1 compression piston or something like that for honda. So that then i wouldn't have to buy racing fuel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does somebody sell an 11:5. If i had to would octane boost mix with pump gas work.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. where i live (on a farm) i cant get racing fuel. The best i can get is 93-94 octane pump gas. Would that be enough or should i add octane booster.

·
Registered
430 Posts
BTW, thats for a 12:1 compresion piston. And does anyone know what the stock compression is?

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just might have to put a bid on that!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Check around and make sure it's a good price. Sometimes ebay is NOT the best deal, but many times you can save a fair amount of money.

By the way, how do you like your stage 2 Hotcam? How would you describe the difference in power? More bottom/mid/upper? Any negatives?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to get an idea as I contemplate my power package. B)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no clue cuz the jetting i think is so far off. When i get a piston im just gonna have dave ripp put it in and then rejet it for me!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
You may as well get the most out of it and get a 12:1 piston, just run high octane pump fuel and it will be fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ight cool thanx lukestar!

·
Registered
430 Posts
yah, thanx for the tip

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Sep 6 2004, 03:49 AM
You may as well get the most out of it and get a 12:1 piston, just run high octane pump fuel and it will be fine.
Would 93 work? That's what I'm using now so it won't hurt my light wallet any more when I fill up than it does now...

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Once you go to 12.1 or higher you should think about using race fuel. One thing for sure your 10.5 piston has three rings in it. So does the 11.5 from J.E.. But, when you go to a 12.1 or higher, you are sacraficing a ring. You only get two rings with a piston with that high of compression. Which means you will have to tear into the engine once a year!! B)

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
UFO mile... i see your from ontario, where abouts in ontario are ya from ???

I have a simple, well maybe not so simple question, when u bump the compression in a piston, how does this work, does it just fit tighter or wat, and wat would the benefits be by jumping to a 11 5 like the yamma skipper, and wat kinda prices am i lookin at???, and last and not least, how complexe is it to swap psitons, do u just swap heads or wat... i have succeesfully did a cam swap, would i be able to taclked a higher comp piston. Will i loose any reliablity on this tho, will there be compression gains if i were to measure before and after, srry kinda new to how this works.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan@Sep 8 2004, 05:12 PM
UFO mile... i see your from ontario, where abouts in ontario are ya from ???

I have a simple, well maybe not so simple question, when u bump the compression in a piston, how does this work, does it just fit tighter or wat, and wat would the benefits be by jumping to a 11 5 like the yamma skipper, and wat kinda prices am i lookin at???, and last and not least, how complexe is it to swap psitons, do u just swap heads or wat... i have succeesfully did a cam swap, would i be able to taclked a higher comp piston.
When putting in a higher compression piston it just makes the piston come closer to the top. Depending on the piston I would talk to that company for valve clearance.(Which it should fit if your just going to a 11.5) The Yami has 11.9.1 which you can just say 12.1 for that matter(it is a yami, so who cares). This will make your bike more snappier on the bottom end. You should be able to do it yourself. I heard it's not that hard if you know what your doing! :D
The piston kit is around $150.00 and you just replace the pitson, nothing else.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Sep 8 2004, 05:06 PM
Once you go to 12.1 or higher you should think about using race fuel. One thing for sure your 10.5 piston has three rings in it. So does the 11.5 from J.E.. But, when you go to a 12.1 or higher, you are sacraficing a ring. You only get two rings with a piston with that high of compression. Which means you will have to tear into the engine once a year!! B)
I have a 13:1 from JE and it has three rings....

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by CrowleyOffroad+Sep 8 2004, 09:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rico'450R
@Sep 8 2004, 05:06 PM
I have a 13:1 from JE and it has three rings.... [/b]
Well, right on. I see J.E. has been hard at work. When I first talked to them 4 months ago, they only had two ring piston's for 12.1 or bigger. So that's good to here. thanks for the info. I just might get the 12.1 now!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey Ryan, Im from Verner, a small town between North bay and Sudbury. Sorry it took me long to reply, school just started

1 - 20 of 29 Posts