Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a high compression pistion. I really do not want to run high octane all of the time. It's too expensive and there isn't anyone close that sells it. It's about 45min to the nearest place that sells race fuel. I only want to use it for when I go to the track. I saw some of you are running 11.5:1 and 12:1. Do you have run race fuel? Or run a mix of pump/race? Or even straight pump?

Thanks
Mike

BTW, this is by far the best site for 450R's!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
From what i've been told by 2 different engine builders, you can safely run 92-93 octane in a 12:1 compression 450r. For better performance go 50/50 on the 93 octane and race fuel, this will more than likely cause your quad to need rejetted.

And like Dez said if it pings bump up the octane a couple of points.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a JE 11.5:1 piston and I run both 93 octane pump gas along with TrackTek 111 when I race MX. No pinging or anything with the 93 octane, but it does run better with the race gas but i dont have to run it! When we are at the dunes or just free-riding.....I usually run 93 pump gas.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I am running a 195 main jet and about 2 turns on the air/fuel screw. I think I will getting a high compression kit. It doesn't seem to be much difference between the two. Most likely it's the price. Again, thanks for the help.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts