Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to know if i need to have a battery to put on some trailtech SCMR16 trail techs

they are the Self-contained ballasts HIDs and would i need anything else besides the lights? like a capacitor or battery?

sorry for the long title, i couldnt find aything in the search becuase you cannot search for just HID and i couldnt find anything else when i searched

so come on guys help me out before i buy em and figure out i cant use em

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
More than likely, although you won't need a very big battery. I use one that costs around $10 and weighs just over a pound & it runs my larger automotive HIDs setup.

You'd probably be better off using automotive HIDs - more light, fewer problems, less expensive.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what setup do you have, because i have a slight problem with stock replacement style bulbs, i cant use my stock headlight anymore because of my bumper i put on, it blocks out almost all my headlight

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I run them in the stock location, the problem with running them on aftermarket lenses is most are too small do deal with the light they put out. Really, the stock headlights are too small, but still work VERY well.

Be a little leery of the MR16's --- hunt up some people that have run them. I've heard of a lot of people that have had trouble with them, but I haven't run them personally (I do have a set of MR-11's though).

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run them in the stock location, the problem with running them on aftermarket lenses is most are too small do deal with the light they put out. Really, the stock headlights are too small, but still work VERY well.

Be a little leery of the MR16's --- hunt up some people that have run them. I've heard of a lot of people that have had trouble with them, but I haven't run them personally (I do have a set of MR-11's though).[/b]

i was going to get the SCMR16's with the self contained ballasts, i hadnt heard any problems with those, i have a set of cheap MR11 knock offs that use the same bulbs just alot cheaper housing got them on there for now because my stock headlight wont work anymore

i dunno maybe i can pick up a set of KFX headlight's and mount them up somewhere,

thanks a bunch for the quick replies

and jordan if i get HID's you cant have them, ill just come steal the ones outta your car lmao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts