Honda TRX 450R banner

hi guys new rider here

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  450RRR 
#1 ·
hi guys new rider here wanting to find ways to get a little more power out of my quad but dont really want to throw away money and i have been reading alot on these forums but still not sure what to do any advice i have a 07 trx450r stock looking to upgrade but dont know what i do alot of dune riding at dumont and alot of trail amd mountain riding aka big bear and el mirage for all the california riders so im looking for a all around upgrade something that will get my yamaha riders friends to stop talking ish man lol can you help

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
if you look in the engine section, theres a sticky on free mods to free up a little power.

if your looking for more, you cant go wrong with an hrc kit 300~$ and give a really nice bump in power.

if you want to spend a little more, id say get you a full system exhaust, hotcam stage 2, cut the back section off your lid or just dont run it at all, and a k&n or uni filter, and a hrc jet kit! and you good to go.

and welcome to the ORG!

#3 ·
thanks been reading this forum for a min and i got alot of stuff but im still pretty iffy you know but im looking mostly pipes and intake for now and i was think of the hrc kit too but for now pipes and intake any good ones

#4 ·
i could say the site's favorite would be dasa never had one so cant speak for it.
but the good ones to look at would be dasa, esr, hmf, rossier... to name a few some other people may chime in with more.

but if your not ready to do the cam yet yea def. get you a full system and loose the lid, and get the hrc jet kit to make it all work.
you can get them from woodward for ~30$ish i belive... not to mention its a muchh better jetting kit over dynojet and most other advertized kits.

lots of great info and people on here more than willing to help out, so any more questions on anything feel free to ask, im sure someone will know the answer!

#7 ·
do the free mods: green wire mod, lose the air box lid.... get it re-jetted, slap on a DASA exhaust, and a big cam.... it will rip. im telling you..... these things produce some power when you take the ball gag outta their mouth. and welcome to the site!
ryan

#8 ·
i would do a dasa pipe and hrc kit forget an intake for right now you will gain alot more with the kit either that or do a hcII and a dasa and just buy your jets, save a few dollars..plus the green wire mod.

#11 ·
hey there are a few good used exhaust including a dasa on here or was dasa's normally don't last long in the for sale section, but i have had a few different ones now and love my dasa but there are others that are good and if noise is something you don't like you may want a rossier bc dasa is loud but the power and sound of them are un real....

#13 ·
nothing will gain you as much power/performance as the HRC kit....dollar for dollar..... there is no 'easier' method to improve the performance of your honda......

if you have the extra $$ to spend....by all means.....a full exhaust system does help..... and they look awesome...

but spending $500 for a pipe....and not changing out the camshaft..... is a waste in my humble opinion......

#14 ·
nothing will gain you as much power/performance as the HRC kit....dollar for dollar..... there is no 'easier' method to improve the performance of your honda......

if you have the extra $$ to spend....by all means.....a full exhaust system does help..... and they look awesome...

but spending $500 for a pipe....and not changing out the camshaft..... is a waste in my humble opinion......[/b]

i agree with the HRC kit, but i dont recommend it because sooner or later all youll end up with is the cam and everything else will get replaced by an aftermarket piece. use the HRC kit $$$ towards something else.

#16 ·
thanx again for all the info but i was wondering if the hrc kit do i have to move up to a higher fuel or not and what jetting options do i look at as far as that goes i think i will get a dasa pipe with either the dasa intake kit or a kn anyone help

#17 ·
HRC Kit.... also my name is moises i go to school in victorville Sliverado lol maybe if you need help i can help out

#18 ·
thanx again for all the info but i was wondering if the hrc kit do i have to move up to a higher fuel or not and what jetting options do i look at as far as that goes i think i will get a dasa pipe with either the dasa intake kit or a kn anyone help[/b]

Negative on higher fuel.....the HRC kit does not alter your comp ratio, but it does alter the ignition advance timing... it is designed to perform on standard premium pump fuel...so 91 octane is fine....

as for jetting....the jetting is included with the HRC kit, which is what makes it nice.... for about $300, you get a new camshaft (one of the best cams for MX racing), all the jetting, ICM sub harness for extra rpm and timing mod, HRC header pipe and muffler mods like a new HRC end cap, and misc other items to compliment this setup....

Sandshots is correct, a lot of guys have removed some of their HRC components for even higher HP builds as I did (usually the pipe is the first to go).. but many many people are completely satisfied with the performance of the HRC kit.....and even though I have removed most of my HRC stuff, I believe it is a great starting point for those wanting to build HIGH HP machines, even for the learning process of 'how to' install these items. But if your looking for a relatively cheap mod, at a great price, where someone else has done all the 'guess work' for ya.....the HRC kit is it....

I say try it.....then if you feel you need more....... by all means..... there are a lot of guys on here that can help with that process as well......

not sure what the Dasa pipe will require as far as jetting with the HRC kit, but im sure if you tell Dan your mods, he can point you in the right direction.....if it is a really 'free flowing' exhaust, then one can assume you will need to bump up your main a couple of sizes.....but nothing major....

jmho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.