Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a cherry 04 trx450r that has been sitting in a garage for the last 15 years. After buying, rebuilt the carb and did a oil change. Bike runs great. Installed all the goodies, bars, bumper, grab bar, nerf bars, some red hubs, Cecco key mount which looks great. Full sparks exhaust (race core), sparks cam, 185 jet. Custom air box lid. Bought the Athena 479cc bore kit, have not installed that yet. Last thing I plan on buying is suspension. A arms and shocks. I have to say there is something special about the sparks cam and exhaust together. The power throughout the bottom to top curve is crazy and it sounds awesome too. I hear DASA is the exhaust to have tho, should I try DASA out?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a cherry 04 trx450r that has been sitting in a garage for the last 15 years. After buying, rebuilt the carb and did a oil change. Bike runs great. Installed all the goodies, bars, bumper, grab bar, nerf bars, some red hubs, Cecco key mount which looks great. Full sparks exhaust (race core), sparks cam, 185 jet. Custom air box lid. Bought the Athena 479cc bore kit, have not installed that yet. Last thing I plan on buying is suspension. A arms and shocks. I have to say there is something special about the sparks cam and exhaust together. The power throughout the bottom to top curve is crazy and it sounds awesome too. I hear DASA is the exhaust to have tho, should I try DASA out?
I have a Dasa shorty classic and it sounds absolutely amazing. Really nice deep bark when getting into it and it absolutely screams wide open. Honestly the best exhaust I've heard you will love it under load on a hill climb or through trees. I would 100% try it heck if I get another 450 ids to buy one again. Definitely a pantie dropper haha Dasa recommends repack every 15hrs to keep the DBs down but ill probably do every 50 only 30 bucks to repack and really simple.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply, yea I hear they sound crazy good, and perform even better, only reason why I bought the sparks is cuz my buddy told me they were the best but kinda wish I went with DASA now. I’m gonna run my sparks for awhile. Yo super crazy tho so after I got my bike out of the shop with the sparks cam, sparks exhaust and 185 jet, this quad was so damn hard to start like 12 kicks and when it did start it idled weird but when I rode it it performed great, so the next couple weeks I installed the spark arrester and now it start 1st kick every time and idles perfect, guess it needed a little back pressure?? Anyone ever noticed a easier start after installing a baffle?

·
Truck Yea
5,771 Posts
probably need a larger pilot jet or mess with the air/fuel screw a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My bu
Hey thanks for the reply, yea I hear they sound crazy good, and perform even better, only reason why I bought the sparks is cuz my buddy told me they were the best but kinda wish I went with DASA now. I’m gonna run my sparks for awhile. Yo super crazy tho so after I got my bike out of the shop with the sparks cam, sparks exhaust and 185 jet, this quad was so damn hard to start like 12 kicks and when it did start it idled weird but when I rode it it performed great, so the next couple weeks I installed the spark arrester and now it start 1st kick every time and idles perfect, guess it needed a little back pressure?? Anyone ever noticed a easier start after installing a baffle?
[/
Oh for sure my buddy has a 2014 and a 2013, 2013 has a glass pack and his 14 had the stock and it started wayy faster than the 13 it was a night and day difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts