Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to acquire a 2007 TRX450ER. The owner states it is a clean bike and in the pictures it seem to look so.

He said he just had carb cleaned and valves ran. It starts right up. It has hrc kit installed. Just put new chain on and both new sprockets. With fresh oil and air filter. He says it needs nothing.

What should I watch for other than listening to it, and seeing how it rides?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the chance to acquire a 2007 TRX450ER. The owner states it is a clean bike and in the pictures it seem to look so.

He said he just had carb cleaned and valves ran. It starts right up. It has hrc kit installed. Just put new chain on and both new sprockets. With fresh oil and air filter.

He says it needs nothing.

What should I watch for other than listening to it, and seeing how it rides?

I'd check to see if the bolt bosses were broke off on the shifter side case where the case saver bolts on (3 bolts in front of front sprocket) . Also If the guy is confident and it's good to go, pull the oil filter and see if there's alot of metal shavings stuck to it . When I seen this on my filter the crankshaft was toast just a few hours later . Check wheel bearings as well . I bought mine cheap but after 2k worth of parts and a bunch of work it payed off and is wicked fast now . Just my 2 cent's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, what are bolt bosses?
Those are the the threaded castings made onto the left engine case that the case saver bolts thread into . Basically if the drive chain ever comes off with the stock saver still in place it usually breaks those bosses off . So if the bosses are good get an aftermarket one quick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts