Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought this kit(06+ Honda TRX450R TRX 450R 450ER Kibblewhite AZQP +1 Intake Valves Springs Seals) from ebay, for my 07 Er and i paid a “motorcycle mechanic” to install them, when he install the intake valve he didnt use the springs that came with the kit, he use the stock ones, because when he put the spring that came with the kit, he said it was two short, but i notice the kit brings some washers that im guessing they are use to make it the same height as the stock, So my questions did he do it right?
Can i put the spring that it came with?
Should i put the springs that came with the kit?

please help because i havent rode it scared that something bad would happen to the engine..any suggestions welcome.. noob alert🤚🏼

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,257 Posts
There is so much wrong going on here. I don’t have the time now, but I’ll try to come back later and address this.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,257 Posts
The fact that you say “motorcycle mechanic” makes me very Leary that he knows what he’s doing.

You can’t just throw oversized valves in a head and call it good. The head has to be cut for those bigger valves. And just putting bigger valves in your head isn’t going to do anything for performance, it’ll actually probably make the performance worse.

There is a base washer that comes with the springs that must be used, just the same as the stock springs. I wouldn’t run that motor, the stock valves are titanium and the stock springs won’t work properly with the steel valves you installed.

I wouldn’t bolt that head on or run the machine. I would send it to somebody that knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fact that you say “motorcycle mechanic” makes me very Leary that he knows what he’s doing.

You can’t just throw oversized valves in a head and call it good. The head has to be cut for those bigger valves. And just putting bigger valves in your head isn’t going to do anything for performance, it’ll actually probably make the performance worse.

There is a base washer that comes with the springs that must be used, just the same as the stock springs. I wouldn’t run that motor, the stock valves are titanium and the stock springs won’t work properly with the steel valves you installed.

I wouldn’t bolt that head on or run the machine. I would send it to somebody that knows what they are doing.
Thank you very much !! Im going to take it off today when i get home from work, ive been trying to get someone that knows more about this quad, if you know any one in miami area lmk please and thanks again for the info

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i took the quad apart and when i was going to take off the intake valve guess what, the valve couldnt come out because the tip looks like a mushroom lol, o and i just remember , the mechanic got it to turn on and reved it hard! I was like wyd?!?! Lol so i guess thats how they got like that, so i had to sanded down just enought for it to go through easily, so now im thinking to put the stock ones back, but one had a bad leak and the other had a little leak, so i gues i should relap them with the relap compound?

btw i bought them thinking the were the original size🤦🏻‍♂️ My quad stock af!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You cannot lap the oem titanium valves take the valves springs and head to a machine shop let them do it your guides are probably fucked and need new valves you can use the springs and washers on oem valves just buy new valves also

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You cannot lap the oem titanium valves take the valves springs and head to a machine shop let them do it your guides are probably fucked and need new valves you can use the springs and washers on oem valves just buy new valves also
Thanks bro im glad i open this discussion because i would’ve messed up my quad🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
If the guy cut the seats for the oversize valves you are stuck with using oversize valves unless you replace the seats. I would bow it all up and send it to racers edge and have them set it up right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts