Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am gonna race this sat at Ventura race way. My 450 motor is a 500 most used for sand drags. I can't afford those cool tires everyone runs so here is what I have to run. Stock rears, 20/11/8 turf tamers, 18/9.5/8 turf tamers, and 18/9.5/8 duro hf224. Any help I would appreciate. I have nerf bars, kill switch, taking off long travel and putting stock arms back on and will lower the bike. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Stock arms sound sketchy especially if you have a wider rear axle(catapult).have you done any high speed laps like this beforehand? Can't you lower the quad leaving long travel on & tighten up all shocks? Air pressure on those tires should be a big concern,you need to take that quad to the local high school track & do some practice laps,don't worry they re-chalk every week!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i left the full long travel on and just ill play with the air pressure in the evols when I get there. And all the local school tracks around here are black rubber tracks. I raced ice racing for a few years so I'm used to the set up sliding and power to ground issue. What air pressure do you suggest? More on the harder side?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
To be honest I'm really not sure it was just my thought to have the air pressure higher so it doesn't fold off the wheel,not sure if you have beadlocks etc.it sounds like fun though hopefully your wife/buddies will get some pics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts