Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking into getting REAR beadlocks for my '14ER but not sure what size to get? 8x8, 9x8, 10x8 ?? i'm going to buy two sets one set would be a skat trak hauler for dunes (obviously) but still confused on the size of rim and other would be more of a 80% trail 20% small mx track. (also what would good tires be ?)any input on rim sizing would be great, thank you

i ride pretty hard on sand; racing, jumping, and putting around

trails/track not so much, i'll do a hard moto every now and then (just follow my gf around mostly she's an amateur)

·
Truck Yea
5,502 Posts
first number is the diameter of wheel. stock is 9 inches, second number is width, stock is also 9 inches. front is 10x5 wheel.

I like maxxis razr 2 fronts or gbc xcmaster, sun f or equivalent-they are all the same tire. The front center tread helps to steer in sandy conditions very well. I use them at the dunes. For the rear i like ITP holeshot GNCC. its light tire that has a soft compound but hooks up very well in all conditions, I generally get 2 years out of them. I tried the maxxis razr (and razr2) rear tires but found them too heavy and they dont hook up as well as the GNCC tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand the sizing diameter and width but i guess i'm asking does it matter on diameter or is it more preference ?

·
Truck Yea
5,502 Posts
preference. i like 9" rear wheels and 10" fronts. more tire sizes available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts