Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the carb to clean it and put it back together. Didn’t know the fuel mixture before I pulled it out. Now it won’t start without the choke but even with the choke on I have to give it gas. It’s backfired through the intake a few times. It won’t stay alive. It ran perfect before I took it apart.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
Exact reason why I don’t do the internal stuff to my quad, I pay my mechanic too. But it does sound like a carburetor problem. Did get this fixed yet? It’s been a few weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exact reason why I don’t do the internal stuff to my quad, I pay my mechanic too. But it does sound like a carburetor problem. Did get this fixed yet? It’s been a few weeks.
I got it figured out. I put this octane booster stuff in the tank, and all that stuff separated and went to the bottom, so when I put my fresh clean carb on it was only taking booster. I dumped the tank and put 93 back in it and adjusted the fuel screw and now it idles awesome. The choke problem was simple too. The choke is threaded into the carb with a plastic nut that has a neck on it for the choke rod to go into the carb. The neck has a lip on it that catches the choke when you pull it, and the choke has a ball (I think) on the rod that will catch that lip. The neck was cracked, giving it no rigidity. I zip tied it together and now it’s tighter than it was factory #ziptiessavelives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts