Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just bought my 450 at the beginning of the year and i plan to ice race this year with it also ride the trails and track.

from everything i have been reading, i thinking some fox evols with houser or lager +2 a arms and a lsr +swinger. +2 houser steering stem with either some flexx bars or cr high bend pro taper. and a stage 2 hot cam. o and i am trying to get some help on a setup for ice racing and i dont know anyone who races studded quad just mc.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
for a-arms and swinger, i would go with jd performance awesome products and great prices + the jd swinger is probably the toughest out there

for shocks, i hear motowoz is awesome, and i hear evols are great as well i also like the elka elites :^)

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you're just gettin into the sport, I would suggest some GTT rebuilds for shocks. I would assume that ice racing doesn't require a LT suspension, so in my opinion, it would be more cost effective to have the stockers set up for your wieght and riding style.

I'm still waiting on my Motowoz so i can't comment on them yet, but the GTT (I've also heard good things about Derisi and TCS) rebuilds are probably the best bang for the buck that you can get. And I completely agree with Hondaman01, JD makes some very nice stuff. I have his std travel arms right now, my roommate has his stem as well. Both very nicely built. Top quiality stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cricle. flat track. same diff. still am confused about what im getting. i want the best all round setup. trails track and flat track. looking for some more input guys.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I race i just for fun. although i do have money into my studded tires. Dont buy those cheap gold screws. Get the cheng shin tires. and the Kold Kutters ice screws. I ran 5/8 so i didnt punctire my tire and threw very little compared to what i did with the gold screws. You just have to tighten them after your day of racing.
http://www.magicracing.com/C826-Cheng-Shin..._p_68-1328.html
http://www.magicracing.com/Kold-Kutter-Ice..._p_68-1075.html
I think there was 440 Knobies on each tire. so 1000 screws will do for the back. Then for fronts I would run razrs or holeshots. with the kold Kutter screws. i put one screw in each knobbie and that was almost too much traction in the begining. After they dulled down it was better i could slide better into turns.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, and is it better to have the front end and rear the same width or the front slightly wider than the rear? man i pretty much know nothing except that i very mechanically inclined. dont even know what the types of racing are or stand for.

G

·
i run kold kutters in kenda klaws xc. they held up really good this past winter. i only lost 1 stud from one tire. last year i had everything stock but this year i want to make it wider and see if its any better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts