Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 trx450r- I had put a new pipe on it and it didn’t come with a clamp to hold the header and the pipe together, I thought it would be fine for one 20 min ride considering that it was a pretty tight fit On the last five minutes home it started to bog over half throttle so I parked it And put the factory pipe and header back on ( with the clamp) but it still bogs past half throttle it ran perfect prior to putting the new pipe on, please help

·
Registered
469 Posts
Might just be a coincidence that happened after doing the Exhaust.

I'm assuming that it has a stock carb?) I would almost wanna say that the Screws to the Throttle Slide came loose and the throttle Slide is not moving up as the Butterfly valve is opening I have seen it so many time on the 300EX, 400EX and the 04/05 TRX450's style carburetors where the screws to the slide arm come loose (luckily they can't be sucked into the engine)

I would start by Pulling the tank off and pull the top cover off of the Carburetor look down into the carb see what is going on.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,607 Posts
I’ve also seen the linkage arm for the slide come off and will do the same thing as Ryan described above. Either one of these things will be obviously apparent if you pull the top of the carb of as he mentioned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might just be a coincidence that happened after doing the Exhaust.

I'm assuming that it has a stock carb?) I would almost wanna say that the Screws to the Throttle Slide came loose and the throttle Slide is not moving up as the Butterfly valve is opening I have seen it so many time on the 300EX, 400EX and the 04/05 TRX450's style carburetors where the screws to the slide arm come loose (luckily they can't be sucked into the engine)

I would start by Pulling the tank off and pull the top cover off of the Carburetor look down into the carb see what is going on.
I bought it from a guy abt a month ago he told me he was the original owner and it is completely stock, I will be taking the carb out today because I heard it could also be an issue with the stock accelerator pump diaphram. THANK YOU I hope it’s an easy fix I’m allready addicted to this machine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve also seen the linkage arm for the slide come off and will do the same thing as Ryan described above. Either one of these things will be obviously apparent if you pull the top of the carb of as he mentioned.
I’ll be sure to check this out as well, appreciate the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
05 trx450r- I had put a new pipe on it and it didn’t come with a clamp to hold the header and the pipe together, I thought it would be fine for one 20 min ride considering that it was a pretty tight fit On the last five minutes home it started to bog over half throttle so I parked it And put the factory pipe and header back on ( with the clamp) but it still bogs past half throttle it ran perfect prior to putting the new pipe on, please help
—— UPDATE ——
Forgot abt this post.........
I tore down to the carb and took the top off, ended up looking great. I put it back together and was going to take a vid of it for my dad(he knows a lot more abt this shit then I do), so I had slowly drove it to the road put it in Third and did a quick pull to show the bogging. And it just fucking PULLED, ended up topping out 5th in excitement. Could someone explain this?

·
Registered
469 Posts
—— UPDATE ——
Forgot abt this post.........
I tore down to the carb and took the top off, ended up looking great. I put it back together and was going to take a vid of it for my dad(he knows a lot more abt this shit then I do), so I had slowly drove it to the road put it in Third and did a quick pull to show the bogging. And it just fucking PULLED, ended up topping out 5th in excitement. Could someone explain this?
Interesting. Glad to hear it's running beter now. Maybe had some moister in the fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts