Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trail riding in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. I has the stockers on there now. What are the best tire and wheel out there for these conditions? I want black wheels with red bead locker, I dont know who makes these and I dont know what tire to use. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, well I talked to the people at hiper and found the wheels, 9x9 rears. Now I am just trying to figure out the tires, they sell itp's and I have heard good things, can anyone recommend a tire????

·
Registered
529 Posts
ITP holeshot's and Maxxus Razors are good lines of tires, check them out. Both lines offer a good desert tire. A great tire I have found for MX is the Holeshot MXR4. they hold up really well and offer a ton of bite.

·
Registered
321 Posts
if you are totally sold on the carbon fiber that ur friend has then ok but if ur not then check out the itp baja rime. they are beadlocks and if u order them from the company with a set of holeshots they will mount them and give u a better price. have fun!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
The Baja Rims are NOT beadlocks... they have a outer ring for strength.... the PRO 9 seires bead locks are the strongest ones that ITP makes.... if you want desert tires then i think that 23" XCTs and 22" XCTs are the way to go... i actually have a set with 99% tread left on the front and 95-97% tread on the backs... (one of the backs has chips from a wreck where my nerf bar was hitting it.... not bad)

I sold my Front Bajas already but if you want i have the rear beadlocks and tires still mounted and the fronts are loose.... if you want the PRO 9 Series Beadlocks instead of the HiPers then i can work out a deal with ya or if you just want the tires i can work out a deal with ya..... the down side is that the rears are 3-6 offset which will make you a total of 2" wider in the back....... give me a holla if you are interseted in 23s and 22s setup......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will read up on those and get back to you. Thanks!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
ok then my bad I could have sworn that I read that they did ahve neads. hthanks for corecting me bro!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Yeah the Bajas have the Big arze ring on the out side of them and make it a pain in the ARZE to clean and to get to the air stem...... they dont have a bead lock however.....

the only ones that do have bead locks from ITP are the Pro 9 series race wheels......

If my first post sounded like it was smart A** im sorry it wasnt ment to be..... i just wanted to get the point out there before people thought that the bajas where beadlocks...... SORRY ....

·
Registered
321 Posts
don't sorry anout it I really didn't think u were being smart I just should have checked the facts before I opened my big mouth.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
KillerQuad, is right! For desert you want 22's and 23's. If your in the woods then you can go with the 20's and the 22's. B)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts