Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

I'm trying to help one of my buddies out with jetting his 06 trx450r. Unfortunately he put on a dynojet jet kit before I got to talk to him about doing the HRC needle kit. Anyways he has an 06 with HC stage 2, hmf powerbomb header and fmf pipe, filter lid off. He had the jet kit put on and has no idea what they jet it at and has added stuff on since then. Now it doesn't feel right and he wants me to help.

I would think that if he was running the HRC jet kit he would be pretty close but I guess what my question is......if I just look at the conversion chart for main jets (162 keihin = 148 dynojet) would that be in the ballpark or am I way off base?

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
no that should be right, but there are more jets you could change to help like the pilot jet and adjusting the fuel screw

but i guess if the conv chart says 148 dynojet is a 162 kehin that will be about right i would think

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
my buddy did the same thing, he can still use the dynojet needle, but jus tell him to get some kehin jets.
my guess hes gonna need at least a 165, since he has a more flowing exhaust than the hrc exhast and running no lid.
the dynojet kit my buddy got was not even close, the biggest size it came with was still too small.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks guys, its just a little confusing trying to use the jetting thats working for other people with similar setups and then trying to convert it to a dynojet kit. I'll probably just get him the 165 main in keihin and then work on the other adjustments also.

Thanks again for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts