Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. Life long honda guy, started riding on a 86 trx fourtrax 125. Had that thing from brand new until the late 90s. Must have seized that thing three times! Always started again after a while. In 99 I bought a brand new 2000 400ex that I still own today. Still runs great with a Big gun slip on, K&N and open airbox. Put some graydon nerfs and front bumper on it back in the day, still rockin em. I also have a 99 400ex with a white bros 440 kit and cam, DMC alien duel exhaust and the same graydon parts, and a 69 honda cd 175 motorcycle. Graydon parts were always my favorite from the hours of time I spent pouring over 3&4 wheel action and dirt wheels back in the day. When Marty Hart & Gary Denton ruled the scene. Then I got sidetracked on Rx-7s for a long time.. Well I recently picked up a 07 450er for myself and have been spending my time fixing on that. Quad was in descent shape, a lot of road miles and questionable maintenance, pretty sure they had no Idea how to clean or wrench. Man how things have changed over the years, guess times are hard for aftermarket a.t.v parts. Lotta junk out there. So far I have replaced about every bearing in the thing, rebuilt the carb, new plastics,(red to white) new rubber, driveline, Lonestar axle and a bunch of cleaning. well Im getting kinda long on this so anyway happy wheelin!

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,652 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you got some nice machines! Post some pics if you can. I thought I knew most brands of parts, but not familiar with Graydon stuff. Yeah, the ATV market has changed a lot, good parts are crazy expensive, and the affordable parts are pure junk. And here‘s something crazy, ITP, who used to be the best and biggest wheel and tire manufacturer for quads now only makes one wheel for sport quads, and it’s a cheap, cast aluminum, made in China piece of junk. Who would’ve ever thought that would be the case? You still have an RX-7 around?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh hoser, Yea Graydon Proline was like the sauce back in the day, they must have closed up in the mid 00s or

something. Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
As far as the Rx-7, I sold that on B.A.T. in April. It was getting to be worth to much to do anything with other than rub with a diaper.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
So it is pretty amazing how crappy some of the parts out there are now. just picked up an A/C grab bar, the freakin intergrated exhaust mount didn't line up very well. upon alerting them they messaged " I have an idea, why dont you ship it back, and we can send you an 05 style. I said " I have an Idea, why dont I just cut it off and use the mount from my Alba grab bar, saving me the cost of shipping"? Needless to say they weren't very helpful after that. Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel
Anyway, made it work with some some modificos, funny the number plate they sent with it doesn't even fit between the rails, so that's nice. Its coming along, did a valve adjustment friday night, the dude I bought if from said he had just had it done. I couldn't even get a feeler between the intake clutch side. Upon disassembly there were brand new hotcams shims in there alright. 1.75s under the intakes, yikes! So i took care of that. I'm running .020 intake clearance now, which is a bit much, but it was that or .015 is about perfect, I think want to check it after a couple of hours and see where its at.. Anyway here are some after purchase pics.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

These are some pics as to where it at now, It's been together and apart a few times already, pretty much everything chassis related is done. save for powdercoating and A arms.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle tire
t
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

I've been playing with ceracoating also.

Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Crankset

I have some other weird stuff projects for next time if anyone is interested. Go wheelin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts