Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone is running for heelguards. Currently I have the stock ones still on. Being a snowmobiler and having ridden bikes I have had the extreme displeasure of running over my ankle after jumping an approach in the ditch, I need to learn to keep my feet in place.

I know the IMS heel guards don't fit the stock pegs. Does anyone know the dimensions of the IMS pegs?

How do the AC racing propegs with guards last? I had a swingarm skid from AC and it was JUNK...4 of the 6 holes didn't even come close to lining up. Do the pegs teeth last?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have two sets of AC nurf bars with pro pegs and heel gards. One is on my 400EX and my girlfriend has a set on her 450R. I think that they lined up a lot better than the DG nurf bars I had before and don't raddle near as bad. So if I had to buy a new set I would buy AC's. Check out Woodward Specialties they have the best deals.

·
Registered
321 Posts
bare performance makes heelguards and you can customize what pc color you want just serf the main stuff like prm, ac, ims/roll, dg, I hink that most of them have their own. but all are a little different. weight, size, how thick the metal is, etc. should all be taken into account to see what fits ur needs. hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a DG set on order...they have been backordered for about 4 months! PRM doesn't make heelguards. Moose does but I didn't care for them. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of using DG either...everything of there's that I have seen has not impressed me at all!

Any other options?

·
Registered
733 Posts
i have had a set of DGs on for a coupe months and i like them a lot. i think they look really awesome on the bike and mine don't rattle. the fit was also good. my experience w/ pipes, nerfs, skids, etc. has been that no two aftermarket parts even from the same manufacturer ever fit the same. i really like the built-in foot peg on my DGs... they're huge and curve up at the end. check out my pics in the reader's rides section... "the dog's 450r". as far as heel gaurds go, you would have to drill holes or something to mount them on the DGs. i have not had a problem with my foot slipping between the nerfs and my tires or frame ever. could just be luck though. anyway... that's just mt opinion of course. my personal preferense is not to have heel gaurds... built in or otherwise. i'm sure they protect well, but i don't like the look of all that extra armor. hope you like your nerfs when you get them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the AC Pro pegs on my 450R and they fit good as well as look awsome. I have had a set of the Pro pegs on my Z400 for almost a year and the teeth on the pegs are still as sharp as when I got them! I cut the heel guards off of the set I have on my Z400 but I kept them on the 450. Not too sure how much I like them though. Feels weird having them down there after riding for so long without them!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I had the White bros pro pegs on my 400ex and now I have the IMS on my 450R and I think the IMS is allot better and more stout!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the dimensions on the IMS pegs? How do they compare to the stock ones...wider, longer?

Thanks
clutch

·
Registered
234 Posts
the ims pegs are about 1 wider and about 1 1/2 longer. thats what we run on our desert bike. no heel guards. us old guys are old school and dont really like heel guards.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! I too am old school, I just took different classes!

Thanks for the info!

clutch

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:(
In that case I should be ready to retire...

When I get out of bed in the morning there is more snap, crakle and pops than a bowl of rice crispies! B)

clutch

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
When I get out of bed in the morning there is more snap, crakle and pops than a bowl of rice crispies! [/b]
That's just leting you know your alive. Another day of good riding awaits you!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts