Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this '08 trx450R and the red temp light is alway's on, the sensor plug on the front of the engine has nothing connected to it at all but my fan run's constantly, Now my question is will this hurt the machine or did somebody do this when it was raced for haveing the fan on all the time? HELP PLEASE

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
Having the fan hooked up so it runs all the time will keep the motor cooler. It’s a good thing. Cooler runs better. That’s why the light is on because the sensor has nothing hooked up to it. You’re good 👍 it was bypassed that’s all.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
But you might want to hook it up back to the sensor, Incase something does go wrong and the indicator light pops on before some real damage. I prefer to have it t the stock way. Fan kicks on when motor gets to a certain temp. That way if your water pump goes or something else with keeping the engine cool you’ll kniw. Up to you tho

·
Registered
466 Posts
It’s 100 degrees in the northeast today, definitely too hot to ride, but if I did my sensor will tell me when it’s too hot. Although it’s hard to over heat these motors (if coolant system is doing its job)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts