Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed or know if there are any aftermarket bulbs that will fit and replace the stock bulbs. I pulled mine last night to look for a # and there is nothing other than (STANLEY 12V 30/30W). Any help would be great. Thanks Oliver

·
Registered
986 Posts
yes PIAA has some ultra whites high out put/low watt bulbs that will interchange i'm not sur eon the part number but if you search the forums there is another post that has the info you need in it. good luck

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes I have the PIAA bulbs, very nice, not that yellow looking stock crap, its a nice white, I got mine from hondapartsworld.com, there a bit pricey but they work nice

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys, heading to the dunes next weekend and wanted something brighter and different. Thanks again Oliver

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
These are the bulbs you need
I have a set of these in my 400EX and will have a set in my 450R when I get around to it.....

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Oct 6 2004, 10:28 PM
These are the bulbs you need
    I have a set of these in my 400EX and will have a set in my 450R when I get around to it.....

What brand is that?

I'm looking for the "whiteish/blue" bulbs (like you see on cars).

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Those are automotive 35w HIDs -- not the bogus coated halogen variety people pick up at the local parts store in effort to make their car cool, but actually produce less useable light -- they're the real deal - the ones I used in my 400EX were from a BMW.

It'll cost a couple hundred dollars and a little fab & wiring time, but my 400EX always leads night rides at the dunes & they also performed great at last year's 12hrs of America race, helping us to put a big lead on the competition in the night portion of the race and eventually win our class...

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Oct 6 2004, 10:46 PM
It'll cost a couple hundred dollars and a little fab & wiring time
The stock one's are looking better and better!!! :D

Thanks for the info and congrats.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Not after you've ridden a set of HIDs :) After that, the stock setup can't really be considered anything more than decorative.

Another option would be to supplement the stock headlights with a the Trailtech HIDs.

While not nearly as powerful as the automotive HIDs, they do a good job and have a certain "coolness" factor.

The trailtech setup uses Welch-Allyn 10W Solarc bulbs that have a nice white/purple tint and mount to the handlebar so they turn with you.

They will, however, still cost you a couple bills.

·
Registered
986 Posts
while i'm sure those are supperior to the PIAA bulbs they are alot more exspensive. i believe you can get the PIAA for around 40$ the ones in my mustang were almost 60 though so i'm not real sure.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Im only familiar with the stock Honda bulbs but they are (12V 30/30W) bulbs, Honda part number 34901-GT4-003. They are about $9 a piece from your dealer or Service Honda

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I love my PIAA H6M bulbs, nice blueish/white tint and very bright if you want to stick to the stock lighting system.

I just wish I rode more at night :11doh:

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Originally posted by Gumby46@Oct 7 2006, 06:44 AM
Im only familiar with the stock Honda bulbs but they are (12V 30/30W) bulbs, Honda part number 34901-GT4-003. They are about $9 a piece from your dealer or Service Honda
[snapback]289436[/snapback]​

about $9 ea from S/H...but almost $15 ea from my local dealer.....for a POS bulb.....go figure.... its the exact same bulb used in my kids Jetmoto.... who charge only $3 ea.....go figure.....

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Yah thats my fault! I just put the information up for someone that might go searching for it later. hehe

·
TRX450R
119 Posts
just got my PIAA H6M bulbs great bulbs and so bright

1 - 18 of 18 Posts