Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if the hc2 cam on the 06 makes a big difference? is it worth the money?

Another ?--- is the crf cam in 02 and 06 the same and do they work well or as well as the hc2 in an 06 trx. reason i'm asking i have dibs on to cams for crf 1 for an 02 and 1 for an 06 both pretty much new. but are they the same as hc2 and will they even work?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
yes its totally diffrent then stock.. for a single mod its deffinatly best bang for the buck

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
just curious if the hc2 cam on the 06 makes a big difference? is it worth the money?

* yes, if compared to stock cam......a HUGE difference....and absofrickenlutely worth every penny....best Bang for Buk in the Bizz

Another ?--- is the crf cam in 02 and 06 the same

** No, they are not the same......the 06 CRF cam is the same as the 06 HRC cam....and works very well in the 06/newer machines.....many people love the 02CRF cam as well.....

and do they work well or as well as the hc2 in an 06 trx??

***with more exhaust lift and duration...I would think the 02CRF cam would be a little more top-end biased in the 06/newer machines over the 06CRF cam.....but I know it pulls strong in the 04/05 machines....both cams give excellent acceleration and are night and day over the stock cam.... the 02 CRF cam resembles the HCII much closer than does the 06 CRF cam..... for that reason, I believe the 02CRF/HCII cam will have a bit more on top....whereas the 06CRF cam will probably produce stronger acceleration and low/mid power........all these cams are great for this machine.....

reason i'm asking i have dibs on to cams for crf 1 for an 02 and 1 for an 06 both pretty much new. but are they the same as hc2 and will they even work?

**** ask yourself what you are looking for? for more of a drag cam.....in the 06 machine....I would probably try the 02 CRF cam.....but for more of an all around cam and certainly for closed course racing given its strong acceleration out of the corners....I would choose the 06CRF cam......unfortunately......the choice is YOURS....lol

jmho......[/b]

·
Registered
889 Posts
Cams really wake up the R ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts