Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a set of bars for my 450r that are wider etc, but I would like to retain the stock key and temp light mount anyone know which bars this is possible with?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Any ATV bend 7/8" bar (Renthal, Tag, FLY, 909 etc.) w/ a crossbar would work. If your looking to go to an oversized set up with a clamp kit check either the trailtech set up, or the tag set up. You wont be able to use your stock kep/light cover but they do have spots to relocate both in their clamp.

Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so your saying that any 7/8''s will fit? The ones that wont fit are the oversized, like 1 1/8. It just looks like for instance a set of Renthal 7/8's will have a problem with the cross bar hitting the key/temp lite mount. Got a pic?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by ATC350x85@Aug 16 2004, 07:00 PM
Ok so your saying that any 7/8''s will fit?  The ones that wont fit are the oversized, like 1 1/8.  It just looks like for instance a set of Renthal 7/8's will have a problem with the cross bar hitting the key/temp lite mount. Got a pic?
You shouldn't have a problem as long as you go with an ATV bend bar. If you go with a MX bend (CR hi, CR Double Hi etc.) you will have problems.

Dave

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm running the fatty bars on my 450. Just get the adapters, groove out the semi circle. Where it attached to the old bars to fit the new ones. Then use some small tie wraps, drilling small holes in the cover. Works like a charm, and you get better bars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I guess to some keeping a stock bike is less important than others. I like to keep things OEM as much as possible so in 15 years it looks brand new and right now I only have money for bars not all that other stuff. You know whats funny.. I beat a raptor the other day that had a pipe on it, and all i have is a 13T frt sprocket. haha. anyway if anyone has aftermarket bars on theres that retained the stock key mount let me know. I kinda like the bars I have on my 350x that are the stock ones, the dimensions are 32" long, 4" high and 4" pull back anyone know anything like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts