Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my handle bars and the majority of bars I've looked at don't have the rise that the originals have. As it is now, when I stand for a period of time, my lower back starts to fatique. Do I need risers? Do I have to replace my steering stem? Who is the preferred manufacturer? I would like to keep price under $100 bucks if possible. I really need advise on this.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Im pretty sure that all ATV bend Handle Bars are the same but if you want some that come higher than stock then i say go with a longer Steering stem but you might be as comfy sitting down.......

How Long are you standing for NE way..????

I say Renthal... if you want to keep the price down...... the Tag 5s are nice too thats what i have on my R But i have Renthals on my EX .. they are the same in my opinion just a diff pirce tag.... <_<

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I guess I dont really stand for a long time at any one time, it's more thru the course of the day. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
263 Posts
try rotating your bars forward to make them a little taller, this is the cheapest fix.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i purchased trail tech bars and risers at a +1 in. im 6.5 and it made all the differance. with the bars forward you get almost +1.5. and they were on sale for 119.00 on there site. i think woodward handles them to. great set. and very tough. mine bounced around today and ended upside down. rolled it back over and they were perfect. B) B)

·
Registered
733 Posts
i just replaced my bars with tag X5s. when i got the stock ones off, i held the two together and they looked the same (bend and height that is). when you change your bars, you will not have a place to screw the ignition switch console/dash back onto. if you get rid of your ignition switch, you must put the red and solid black wires together (cooling fan/warning light/headlights/brake lights etc). keep the green and black/white wires apart (kill switch) or add kill switch. I used a zip tie for my red warning light. i will post a few pictures if you want to see the finished product. no real opinion on bars here... just my experience. oh yeah... when you remount the light switches/hot start, you must file down a small plastic piece that sticks out unless you want to drill a hole in your new bars. you'll see what i mean.

hope this helps. ^_^

·
Registered
733 Posts
here are some pics...

red and black go together... green and blk/whi stay apart.
info from wire diagram in service manual.

i used shrink wrap over wire splice and open ends then zip tied loose wires to existing wire loom under hood.

placed warning light in a good VISIBLE spot. no money for billet holder... used one zip tie where left clamp bolts to stem.

scott grips (red). all finished!

bars cost me $65 and i think grips were $12.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Tag also makes a 450r bend, that's what I have on mine with risers.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you want to keep your key and heat light, check this out, don't know if he ever got his product off the ground or not, but might be something to keep in mind.

http://www.hondars.com/index.php?showtopic=129

I'm not sure about the little tail on the bottom being a good idea though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
this is the trail tech set up , they give you a place for your key, and your temp light. you will have to remove the key at the quick connect under the hood. very easy to do. and install it into the new houseing. they are fat bars that reduce to normal to take standard grips ect. this is the +1 set. in height. helped with my back. plus im not banging my knees when i dive into a conner. which was happening with the stock set up

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Jun 21 2004, 02:57 PM
  this is the trail tech set up , they give you a place for your key, and your temp light. you will have to remove the key at the quick connect under the hood. very easy to do. and install it into the new houseing. they are fat bars that reduce to normal to take standard grips ect. this is the +1 set. in height. helped with my back. plus im not banging my knees when i dive into a conner. which was happening with the stock set up
you dont have a bigger pic of that do you?...I like it alot, Just having a little trouble seeing it...I think I want the same setup that Luke has......I like the 450r bend...just want it about 1 inch higher....for my back...I like the way you think luke.... B) ..Im 6'1"..200 pounds.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I know what you mean Lude, I'm 6'6" 270lbs so I like taller, stronger bars. I think KGB is a little above 6 foot also.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by WOWA450RRRR@Jun 21 2004, 04:36 PM
so how do i make the pic larger???????
I guess you cant. I thought you might have resized it from a bigger one, and you might still have the bigger one...thats alright though.

Is that a pic of your machine?....I like the way it looks with the gold bars. ...nice man. :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
sorry best i can tell i have to good a camera, and the hosting site automatically down sizes it because the file is to large. i spent 2 hours trying differant things last night. im not very good on these things. but thanks, i really like the gold bars too. i think they really stand out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts