Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to Browns Camp yesterday. I rode an hour or so then went back to the truck for some lunch. There were three guys parked next to me with two dirt bikes and a quad. They were from Vancouver, Wa and never really been to Browns Camp. NIce guys. They asked about the trails so I offered a tour. We had been riding about an hour and got on one of the logging roads and were headed toward some more trails. I was probably going faster than I should have been since they were new there. I came up on a pretty tight corner, slowed down and the guy behind me on a CRF 250 rear ends me, flies over the handle bars, over my quad and wound up pinned underneath the back tire. Yeah, I ran over the guy behind me. Needless to say, he did get hurt, and was also covered in road rash. Allthough it wasnt my fault, I couldnt help but feel bad. I dont wanna take someone on the trails and see them get hurt. Anyway, anybody wants to go to Browns Camp with me send a PM. You can ride behind me. LOL :_specialED:

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheres the video mikey..lol

That sucks but what can ya do, i used to ride with no brake light but now ive put it back on to kinda serve as a warning to me stopping[/b]
Cant do much. I have a brake light.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Had a guy do a nose wheelie on a 2 wheeler behind me and luckily I was on an inside line going into a corner when he shot past me and got tangled in a fence! He wasn't paying attention where he was going! Took us ages to get his bike out of the fence and then all of us had a GR8 Laugh!! :slap: :thumbup: :gathering:

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Makes me want to put my brake light back on.

So did he slam into your helmet on the way over?

Ouch.[/b]
No, it was a trip. First, it all happened so fast for me. Probably seemed like slow-motion to him though. It was a left hand turn, he hit my right rear wheel as I was coming into the turn. I was also sliding pretty good cause its reall dry and dusty on the gravel roads. So, I felt him hit my back end then saw him coming thru the air on my right side. I remember thinking "should he be passing me on the outside? Especially without his bike? " He was kind of doing a forward summersault and wound up with a leg under my quad. I freaked first beacause I had also felt him hit my right nerf bar as he was flying passed me when I saw his leg under there I thought it had gone between the nerf bar and the rear wheel which would have really been bad. It all happened pretty damn quick. We wernt haulin ass, but I think I was in 3rd gear and had just shifted down fron 4th for the corner so I wasnt putting along either. As for my quad? Nothing. His bike? He had some cool clutch and brake levers that give in both directions. I had to bend his shifter back for him though before we could head back. And when we did head back it was logging roads the whole time cause he could barely ride. You know, the guy was in short sleeve shirt and jeans. He had been hot dogging it the whole ride. He kept hitting the switch backs (I think thats what their called?) Banked turns on the slopes on the sides of the logging roads. Its actually illegal to hit them allthough many do. Your supposed to stay on "Marked trails" Im not even sure if he was wearing gloves? He did have a helmet on. But, some of that road rash may have been avoided with more gear. I also suspected they may have had a few while taking a break. Ironic after my other thread here. Anyway, there was a pretty steep ravine on the side. He's lucky he didnt go off that.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
is this the same corner that i showed you where a kid went off on his dirt bike? that sucks man, glad everyone's ok and maybe the guy will respect his machine now.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is this the same corner that i showed you where a kid went off on his dirt bike? that sucks man, glad everyone's ok and maybe the guy will respect his machine now.[/b]
Yeah, you know the one. Same corner dude.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
is this the same corner that i showed you where a kid went off on his dirt bike? that sucks man, glad everyone's ok and maybe the guy will respect his machine now.[/b]
Yeah, you know the one. Same corner dude.
[/b]
jeez they really need to mark that corner better before somebody dies there. and of course they won't until somebody does... :thumbdown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts