Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
correct me if i'm wrong but looking at alotof the dyno charts on here the hp starts dropping off after stock revlimiter. so what would be the point or the help of gaing another 1000 rpm's. seems as if your just overreving now and just causing more wear. please give som input i'm new to this scene? thanks

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
well.......not only does the 'green wire mod' increase your rev limiter...... it also alters the ignition timing...... supposedly for the better......or at least for a stronger mid/upper rpm engine to correspond with the other HRC components.....

the biggest advantage to a higher rev limiter does not usually occur at the drag strip......for the simple reason you are only shifting upwards.....and can shift whenever you feel the need for another gear....and/or the HP begins to sag off...... no big news there.... especially true if you have not built a top-end monster.....

BUT......for those of us that race on a closed course...... TT or MX or even Flat Track at times......the higher rpm limiter truly does wonders.......not for more power.....but to allow the bike to continue to the next corner....w/o having to shift......... on a drag strip... you can gear for optimum speed/ET according to the length of the strip.....but on a closed course..... there are too many variables.... usually at least one long straight...several medium high speed turns and several very short technical/tight turns.......mixed in with some medium straights, table top, jumps, etc......my point is this.....you cannot optimize your gearing for each and every corner.... so you either hafta shift into another gear....or sometimes......let her ride on the rev limiter..... but if you have that extra 1000 rpms... even though you may be out of your PEAK power band...your still producing power.... which is much better then having your bike cut out on the rev limiter.......or shifting into the next gear for just a few more feet, etc..... if you gear for the majority of the track..chances are you will run out of gear at the end of the longest straight.....and having that extra 1000 rpms DOES help....

jmho....

·
Registered
889 Posts
well.......not only does the 'green wire mod' increase your rev limiter...... it also alters the ignition timing...... supposedly for the better......or at least for a stronger mid/upper rpm engine to correspond with the other HRC components.....

the biggest advantage to a higher rev limiter does not usually occur at the drag strip......for the simple reason you are only shifting upwards.....and can shift whenever you feel the need for another gear....and/or the HP begins to sag off...... no big news there.... especially true if you have not built a top-end monster.....

BUT......for those of us that race on a closed course...... TT or MX or even Flat Track at times......the higher rpm limiter truly does wonders.......not for more power.....but to allow the bike to continue to the next corner....w/o having to shift......... on a drag strip... you can gear for optimum speed/ET according to the length of the strip.....but on a closed course..... there are too many variables.... usually at least one long straight...several medium high speed turns and several very short technical/tight turns.......mixed in with some medium straights, table top, jumps, etc......my point is this.....you cannot optimize your gearing for each and every corner.... so you either hafta shift into another gear....or sometimes......let her ride on the rev limiter..... but if you have that extra 1000 rpms... even though you may be out of your PEAK power band...your still producing power.... which is much better then having your bike cut out on the rev limiter.......or shifting into the next gear for just a few more feet, etc..... if you gear for the majority of the track..chances are you will run out of gear at the end of the longest straight.....and having that extra 1000 rpms DOES help....

jmho....[/b]
whats this guy said. Since i did the green wire mod i felt a difference in the MX track and it helps. Also i remember seeing somewhere if your going to be running a Stock Cam there really isnt no point of doing the green wire mod not sure tho

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
im running the hrc cam, venom pipe, and intake.. is it smart to cut it??

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
im running the hrc cam, venom pipe, and intake.. is it smart to cut it??[/b]
cut it with a chain saw

·
Registered
889 Posts
im running the hrc cam, venom pipe, and intake.. is it smart to cut it??[/b]
or just buy the HRC harness . If you dont like it take it off but im like 90% you will like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts