Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
you can use electrical tape if ya wanna, or heat shrink..... its well worth doing honestly itll save ya a couple hundred dollars from buying a rev box or cdi box that will increase ur rpms !!!! a must have for the 450r ~

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
good idea on a slightly modded quad??

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
a aftermarket cam that will take advantage of the high rpm sure... not at all with the stock cam, even the HRC CAM i dont think REALLY need the extra 1k rpm but it does change the timing curve aswell which is suppose to support the others modifications that come with the HRC kit. if you want to wear out your valvetrain faster, i dont recommened this mod on a stock quad or a quad that wont at all take advantage of this feature.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, how much time do you spend at 9,800 RPM? Are you constantly bouncing off the rev limiter?

That mod is designed to take advantage of opened up intake, exhaust, and aggressive cam profile. If you haven't done those things then it doesn't make sense. It will "allegedly" add 1,000 RPM and change the ignition profile. Again, not effective unless you have the mods completed already.

If I were you, I would get the HRC kit for under $300 bucks. It has all the correct Honda parts that will make your quad run better. The kit comes with the plug-in wire harness that accomplishes this same task without having to hack up your existing wires.

That's my $.02

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
i have everything besides teh cam and dont plan on a cam for a little while.[/b]

Like already mentioned....doing this mod on a stock/mild setup is completely unnecessary.

But...it's your machine to do whatever you see fit :yes ....just know this....you will not gain any performance by doing so. :no

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Not with stock cam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts