Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about a green wire mod. What is it and what does it do? How much does it cost?

·
Registered
550 Posts
it only costs you the time it takes to do it. on the 06+ machines there is a green wire under the hood that if cut/disconnected gives you an extra 1000 rpms to the rev limiter and i was under the impression that it gave a different timing curve as well. people learned of this trick through the hrc kit which has a 4-plug sub harness but is just missing the connecting green wire

·
Registered
1 Posts
it only costs you the time it takes to do it. on the 06+ machines there is a green wire under the hood that if cut/disconnected gives you an extra 1000 rpms to the rev limiter and i was under the impression that it gave a different timing curve as well. people learned of this trick through the hrc kit which has a 4-plug sub harness but is just missing the connecting green wire[/b]

hey for the green wire mod, is it the 2 gree wires on your cdi?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
it only costs you the time it takes to do it. on the 06+ machines there is a green wire under the hood that if cut/disconnected gives you an extra 1000 rpms to the rev limiter and i was under the impression that it gave a different timing curve as well. people learned of this trick through the hrc kit which has a 4-plug sub harness but is just missing the connecting green wire[/b]

hey for the green wire mod, is it the 2 gree wires on your cdi?
[/b]

its only 1 wire and its under the hood, if I remember right, its the green wire in the plug to the left if you are standing in front of your quad looking to the back.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I keep hearing about a green wire mod. What is it and what does it do? How much does it cost?[/b]
Does anyone know if you allready have an upgraded rev box that cutting the green wire will give you even more rpm's????

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
And I'm pretty sure you won't benefit from it until you change to an HRC or aftermarket cam with the exhaust modded and air box lid removed.

The green wire mod is just part of a combo of performance mods/parts.

·
Registered
777 Posts
And I'm pretty sure you won't benefit from it until you change to an HRC or aftermarket cam with the exhaust modded and air box lid removed.

The green wire mod is just part of a combo of performance mods/parts.[/b]
What about an 07 with a Stage 2 Hot Cam, open box with K&N, full White Bros exhaust and after market rev box?

·
Registered
363 Posts
this might be a stupid question but could there be an equivalent wire on the 04-05s that when cut would do the same thing. maybe not the same color but i would imagine theres gotta be a wire that does the same thing when cut. any idea why this might not be the case? what does this wire do on the 06+ that would be different for the 04 and 05?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
You got to look at it differently.......

the 06+ box is a 10800rpm box... having the green wire connected will put the rev limiter down to 9800rpm

versus the 04-05 box witch is a 9800rpm only box.

you won`t get anymore rpm`s out of a stock 05 box by cutting any wire

·
Registered
4,380 Posts

The green wire mod is just part of a combo of performance mods/parts.[/b]
What about an 07 with a Stage 2 Hot Cam, open box with K&N, full White Bros exhaust and after market rev box?
[/b]

Yes.... you will benefit from the wire mod due to the better airflow through your motor.

You will be able to rev out the gear a bit more.

·
Registered
712 Posts
do a search in the engine section and it will a step by step procedure even pictures.[/b]
This is good advice!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok just did it there is 2 green wires but the one you wanna cut is on the left side if your looking head on with the quad it seemed to make a difference **** it was awesome cause it didnt cost me anything thanks fellas.

·
Registered
266 Posts
this might be a stupid question but could there be an equivalent wire on the 04-05s that when cut would do the same thing. maybe not the same color but i would imagine theres gotta be a wire that does the same thing when cut. any idea why this might not be the case? what does this wire do on the 06+ that would be different for the 04 and 05?
If u have found anything out let me know I have an 04 and would love to know!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts