Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im racing 450's for the first season now, practicing on the old 400 for now.

Monday:I went to a few local tracks the other day ran the 400ex for the whole day left my 450s home. I was running 30 minute all out moto's. I was dying, my endurance has died since the injury. (Shoulder Seperation). I thought my Dad was gonna take me off the track a few times I was running so bad, Yet I still worked hard as hell pushing that little ex all the way I could Stayed up with my buddies on their 450s.

Wednesday: Well I went to hillbilly motocross last night at a local track, Royal Mt. I ran the Am class and put a lap and a half on the whole field; I pushed my mod 450 so hard she wouldnt run when I got home. I realized having to work so hard on the ex its made my R feel like running a lambo compared to a pickup.

Anyone else practice on a smaller bore quad?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well Im racing 450's for the first season now, practicing on the old 400 for now.

Monday:I went to a few local tracks the other day ran the 400ex for the whole day left my 450s home. I was running 30 minute all out moto's. I was dying, my endurance has died since the injury. (Shoulder Seperation). I thought my Dad was gonna take me off the track a few times I was running so bad, Yet I still worked hard as hell pushing that little ex all the way I could Stayed up with my buddies on their 450s.

Wednesday: Well I went to hillbilly motocross last night at a local track, Royal Mt. I ran the Am class and put a lap and a half on the whole field; I pushed my mod 450 so hard she wouldnt run when I got home. I realized having to work so hard on the ex its made my R feel like running a lambo compared to a pickup.

Anyone else practice on a smaller bore quad?[/b]
well kinda but it was the other way around, i use to race a 300ex and pratice on a yfz 450. now i just got one 450r to practice/race on :( had to get ride of them both being young and havin a hobby like this take every penny i got lol.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Racing on a quad that pulls less will put lest strain on your arms and upper body... Thus it would seem more benificial to do it the other way around... Get your body used to the stress of a 50+HP machine pulling your arms off then switch over to a somethin that doesnt have nearly the pull... but thats JMO

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Start working out. Puch up, sit ups, and pull ups. Get some dumb weights and start single arm curls. find something with your legs. Running and swimming helps too. Oh yeah find a hard squeeze ball and execise your thumbs and finger so thye don't tire out.

It takes quite a bit for me to tire out and I'm in horrible shape weight wise. 240-50 bls. Oh yeah eat healthy for a few days before you race hell just cut soda and fast food out of your diet see how much stamina and energy you have after a month with out them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts