Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know ideal shifting rpm with hrc kit? what is the rev. limit stock and one other thing at what temp does the fan come on at????????

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
does anyone know ideal shifting rpm with hrc kit? what is the rev. limit stock and one other thing at what temp does the fan come on at????????[/b]
Every engine is going to be different and there's no way to know when you're engine is producing the most HP (best shift point) without putting it on a dyno.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone know ideal shifting rpm with hrc kit? what is the rev. limit stock and one other thing at what temp does the fan come on at????????[/b]
Every engine is going to be different and there's no way to know when you're engine is producing the most HP (best shift point) without putting it on a dyno.
[/b]
oic how bout a ball park idea

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
with the early HRC kit, you actually never make it to peak hp because the rev limiter holds you back. peak hp with that cam is just a tad over what the rev limiter is set to. when running it, take it to as close to the limiter as you can before shifting, you want to keep your rpms up high. can't really help you with the fan question, don't remember, wanna say 200 but I'm probably wrong.

also, that procom box isn't all too great. if it's workin for you cool, but it's been known to cause some probs with higher comp. pistons. just something to keep in mind as you continue to mod.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with the early HRC kit, you actually never make it to peak hp because the rev limiter holds you back. peak hp with that cam is just a tad over what the rev limiter is set to. when running it, take it to as close to the limiter as you can before shifting, you want to keep your rpms up high. can't really help you with the fan question, don't remember, wanna say 200 but I'm probably wrong.

also, that procom box isn't all too great. if it's workin for you cool, but it's been known to cause some probs with higher comp. pistons. just something to keep in mind as you continue to mod.[/b]
good to know thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it looks like my fan is comming on at like 250 251 or so do you guys think this sounds right????

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
My fan kicks on at 185. It depends on where your reading the temp from and what type of gauge your using, they all vary abit.
Rev limit depends on jetting, and your exhaust. Different pipes will shift the power band aroung abit and not all pipes will make great power in the upper rpm's.
As allready mentioned a dyno will be the best way to tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts